cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create PR through network

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all, I am new to PS. Would you please tell me how to create PR within network? And what's the difference between PR created within network and PR created through tcode ME51N?Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Select the internal activity icon from the template in CJ20N and drag and drop the icon to the network order. Click the material component icon in that enter the material and qty and press enter, now enter the Purch. Group and Purch.Org. Now release the network order the PR will get generate for the network order.

The network generated PR will have account assignment category N ( network order) and the account assignment tab you can view the network order number also.

If you create the PR using t code ME51N is a common PR you can assign to any account assignment category which you want and the account assignment category u need to manually enter.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only the account assignment category is different?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Activity Screen , you can click on Component Overview to add Material.

OR

Right click on Activity > Create> Material Component.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes only the account assignment category is different and you have Network number in account assignment category tab page.

In CJ20N screen you have the activity number under that the activity icon under that in the overview you have material component in second icon .

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still confused about the creation, would u please tell me the steps in detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer my first ans in that i have given the steps to create the PR through the Network order.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check whether material is allowed for external procurement -> transaction MM03 -> MRP 2 view: here procurement type have to be X or F

2. Open the network using transaction CN22 for change -> add an activity (when it does not exists yet).

3. Select the activty and use button with the screw on the bottom (5th icon from right)

4. Type in the name of the material and the plant. Clear all other fields. Then type in N for item category and a requirement quantity -> confirm by enter => popup let select you the Purc.req.f. network.

5. Now you have to release the requirement (purchase requsition). To do this go to detail screen of the comonent (double click onto position number) and open the Proc.Param tab -> here select in Res./Purc.req the value 'Immediately'.

6. save the network

=> with the save the PR is created.

Kind regards

Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are different procurement types in project system. One may create a 'simple' purchase requisition by adding an externally procured material (according to material master MRP views) and set procurement type N (N means 'Nicht-lager' that means not-storage). This simple purchase requisition allows a direct procurement of components in a plant.

In contrast to MM created PR the network PR can be not be changed in MM, but only via PS (some fields might also be changable in MM). Technically (and also in contrast to MM) the PS creates a reservation in any case for the purchase requsition.

Kind regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you add Material to Project activity and select the Option "PR for Network" then PR is created for Network.

The difference from ME51N is that the account assignment of the PR is atomatically selected as Network when you create PR thru Project.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where should I add Material to Project activity and select the Option "PR for Network" ?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can select the option"PR for Network" or "Reservation for Network" in Procurement indicator field...