Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDA file to Deploy adapter module in PI 7.1

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to deploy custom adapter module in PI 7.1.I had created EJB module project and EAR project as given at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00838345-708c-2a10-1199-9514c0b0....

Now i need to create SDA file using EAR file created above. Since i am using NWDS 7.1, i have option to use CECLT to do so:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/5a3613dca22a4ce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

In CECLT, i need to use command prompt for conversion to SDA file. In the command we need to give name of development component(DC).

What i fail to understand is how EAR project created using NWDS and DC that is required in CECLT are related? How to create DC using EAR project.?

Please help if possible! Thanks!

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Could you fix this issue? And if so how? I would also be interested in tips concerning conversion of EAR files to SDA files to be able to deploy them with the JSPM. Is it not possible to export the EAR file directly as SDA file from NWDS 7.1?

Thanx in advance!

Regards,

Volker

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is it not possible to export the EAR file directly as SDA file from NWDS 7.1?

You can deploy the EAR file direct from NWDS, but you cannot create an SDA or SCA file inside NWDS.

Maybe this blog helps you:

/people/david.beisert2/blog/2006/02/13/sdm-deployment-as-ant-task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan! Hi all!

For deployment to Dev system direct deployment from NWDS is fine and works perfectly. But we use CTS+ to transport from Dev to QA to Prod. so the idea is to create an SDA file using CECLT and import this SDA file into a CTS+ transport request for transporting to and deploying into QA and Prod.

so the question is still: What about the DC. A real life sample command for that case (Adapter Module wihtout any DC) would be very helpful. CECLT documentation just handles a sample with DC and dependencies and so.

Regards,

Volker