cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to send the data from MDM to other Sources. But i am new to this Technology but i should do this in my company, Will any one please help me out in step by step approach.

Where to pick the data in MDM and how to send this data through which. I need step by step.

Please help me out in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Syndicator can syndicate data out of MDM in 2 formats viz; XML and CSV. There is a slight difference in syndicating data out in these formats.

Syndicating data in XML format:

1) Upload th XSD(format in which you need to send the data out) in Console under XML Schema table for your repository.

2) Open Syndicator and choose the XSD file which you have loaded in Console. For this go to FIle-> Destination Properties. Here choose XML Schema , remote system and XML Schema. Now you can see XSD in Destination items in Item Mapping tab.

3) Open Destinations Item Tab and set the properties for your repository tables and fields.

4) Open Map Properties Tab and fill in theproperties there. You can set the property for file creation as 1 XML file for each record or 1 XML file for all records. You can also choose the property of Supress Unchanged records for sending only delta records out.

5) Chosse your output remote system where you need to send the data out.

6) Open Item Mapping Tab and map the source items to appropriate destination items.

7) Open Destination Preview Tab and preview the format that is generated and make adjustments to the destination items or mapping as necessary.

😎 Choose the execute Icon to start syndication. MDM creates the appropriate XML file for syndication.

Syndicating data in CSV format:

1) Open syndicator and go to Destination Item Tab. On the Destination Items tab, right-click on the Destination Items list

and choose Add Destination Item from the context menu or choose Item Properties > Add Destination Item from the main menu. Enter a name for the new item. Set property values for the destination item.

2) Open Map Properties Tab and fill in the properties there. You can also choose the property of Supress Unchanged records for sending only delta records out.

3) Chosse your output remote system where you need to send the data out.

4) Open Item Mapping Tab and map the source items to appropriate destination items.

5) Open Destination Preview Tab and preview the format that is generated and make adjustments to the destination items or mapping as necessary.

6) Choose the execute Icon to start syndication. MDM creates the appropriate CSV file for syndication.

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at this blog that I wrote a few years back. It's a very basic step by step tutorial on syndication with MDM:

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

I hope this helps.

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For more information, check the [MDM Master Data Integration site on SDN|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-mdm?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f062dd92-302d-2a10-fe81-ca1be331303c] [original link is broken];.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

simple steps for you to follow to perform the syndication would be

1) open syndication manager and choose file->New then in the pop up choose Type (port), Remote System( Which ever is the target system) and then Port(this port should be defined in console).

2) After this click ok and the mapping will automatically happen . Click on Syndication button . This will syndicate the data.

In the above steps port which is mentioned,is to be defined in console along with xml schema and Remote system.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

MDM can syndicate data to any remote system and supports both manual and automatic syndication. Even the files syndicated can be of different types depending upon the needs of the remote system( Flat files like text, Excel, XML etc)

Manual Syndication to flat file( this is the simplest one, and easiest one for me to explain 😞

1. Open syndication manager.

2. Create destination items in that tab.

3. Map the MDM fields to the destination items created.

4. Execute the syndication, save to some location.Save the syndication map for future use.

For other senario refer to MDM syndication manager reference guide available in service market place or help.sap.com

Normally if you are looking for syndicating to ECC, use xml files(use the master object Std IDoc schema) which can processed by XI, converted to IDoc and data posted in ECC.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Steps for sending the data from MDM to other sources:

1. Create an outbound port in Console (follow some standards to name it).

2. Open syndicator, Goto>File>New>Choose options-Port, Remote system- (particular system), Choose the schema.

3. Use a schema containing all the fields which are present in the data model & do one to one field mapping & save the map using the same name.

4. Add the same map in the Port created in Console.

5. Now your system will be ready for Manual syndication.

6. If you want to go with Auto syndication then please configure the the syndication server.

Regards,

Pramod