Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Config - getting error

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed NWBC and met some problems while config.

The system is already installed EHP3.

I have set the parameter for script setting like following:

sapgui/user_scripting = TRUE, sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording = FALSE and sapgui/user_scripting_set_readonly = FALSE.

I am able to connect with Portal. But when I try to connect with ERP it failed. The configuration in NWBC is like following:

Type: SAP All-in-One

Protocol: HTTP

Host: xxxxx

Port: 8000

Path: /sap/bc/dal/demoA

But i am getting below error.

"Could not load content from connection SAP IDES ERP (error: Invalid server response)" and then one more error "Could not load navigation tree".

I have assigned the role SAP_DAL_ADMIN_DEMOA as well. but still no luck. Also other thing is that class CL_NWBC_HTTP_EXTENSION is not present in my ERP 6.0 (Enh Pack 3) system whereas it is available in other ERP system.

Does anybody have idea on this issue. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Is the service /sap/bc/dal/demoA tested ok? I mean, in SICF, is this service active & tested successfully?

The "Could not load navigation tree" error happens when the user is not assigned to any role. Please refer to the OSS 1255048 for more details.

Hope this can help.

Cheers,

Nhan Phan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem.

I have done necessary configuration.

when i test the service: /sap/bc/dal/demoa, after loging page, I get following response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<DAL />

I dont know if it is correct.

Anybody has idea on this?

Thanks..

Victor

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nhan,

The role SAP_DAL_ADMIN_DEMOA is assigned to my user id. Also when i test the service /sap/bc/dal/demoA , i am getting below XML output,

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<DAL />

Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks,

Shekhar

Edited by: Chandrashekhar Mahajan on Jul 8, 2009 10:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The test result like that is OK.

You said that

The role SAP_DAL_ADMIN_DEMOA is assigned to my user id.

but the navigation tree error still occurs then I guess you've not assign that role to user in portal. If so, you must upload the role to portal first and assign to user. Please refer to this thread [; for more details.

But firstly, please recheck the host & port information in NWBC settings. They must be as same as when you log into portal.

There're many ways to know whether the host & port are correct or not. The simplest way is:

- when testing the service, you'll have:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/dal/demoa?sap-client=xxx

- then in NWBC connection configuration, the right one should be:

Host: <host>

Port: <port>

Path: /sap/bc/dal/demoa

Client: xxx

Hope this can help

Cheers,

Nhan Phan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phan,

I connected portal and got following:

http://host:port/irj/portal call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

It seems that Portal is not must for connecting ERP according to NWBC configuration guide.

Regards,

Victor.

Edited by: Victor Yan on Jul 8, 2009 11:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

As I know that ERP also has portal. Have you tried to ping the host? Try with: telnet <host> <port> in cmd, and also please make sure that the host file includes the information about the ERP host.

Why to ping? It sounds weird, but maybe the security man had closed the port, & the service is not available.

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phan,

I tried to login to portal http://host:port/irj/portal but i do not have the authorization for it. Then i assigned role SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER in ABAP and i am able to see the R/3 contents in NWBC !!

I am able to see SE30, SE11 etc transactions in NWBC.

Now my question is how this particular role (and related transaction) are visible in NWBC. is this role pre-defined in portal?

Victor,

Can you try to assign role SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER in ABAP and check if you ble to see any content in NWBC.

Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Of course you can see SE30, SE11... in NWBC because the role SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER enables that. You can see more details in PFCG.

With SAP predefined roles , if their profiles're already generated, they're mapped to portal automatically. But as I know, these roles are not available to user until we do the assign task.

With your own roles, you must upload to portal & then assign to the user.

One more thing, if you modify the roles assigned to user in backend system (e.g revoke), then you must modify in portal manually. Maybe there're some ways to do this automatically that I don't find out yet.

Cheers,

Nhan Phan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still can not see any content in NWBC although I assigned role SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER in ABAP

:(((

Edited by: Victor Yan on Jul 10, 2009 9:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. I have ECC 6 EHP3 as backend system. While creating new DAL node, I also observed that the handler class mentioned in the documentation CL_NWBC_HTTP_EXTENSION is not present in the system. Somehow after following few things in documentation (enabling sap logon for node dal) I am able to login via NWBC but no content is displayed. Isn't there any how to or stepwise documentation for configuring NWBC. Its becoming thing of past and still we are not able to use it!

Please share if u can provide stepwise instructions for configuring NWBC. (except for help.sap.com steps- they dont work)

Answers (0)