cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot SQL error when copying cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was successful in creating Info Package and running it to copy data frin cube 1 to cube2. However, I get an error when

Running the package. My source cube has 1.9 million rows. However, Info Package only loaded 30,120 records. Looking in monitor logs, it shows me following error stack:

System error in program SAPLRS_EXECPTION and from RS_EXEPTION_TO_MESSAGE

SQL Error 0

Unknown error in SQL Interface

Errors in source system

When I click on long text button for Unknown error in SQL interface:

The SQL interface of the application server (DBSL) has reported an unknown error. This error can be caused by:

- Overflows when aggregated data is read from the database in ABAP. If this occurs, the definition for the corresponding key figure must be changed.

- Internal errors

It seems to be some kind of Overflow error. Is there any way to get more information on the cause

Of this erroru2026.

THANKS A LOT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please look at the developer trace of the work process which is processing your request.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan:

Thanks a lot for quick response. I am ot that exeperinced in BU, how does one look in developer trace of the work process?

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Transaction SM50 -> Select/Mark your corresponding work process -> Trace -> Display file

Regards

Stefan

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr Zigzag

You can try

1.splitting the records by periods

2. User smalled data packet size

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried SM50, it shows me all processes, but I still cannot figure how to set developer trace. Following is detailed information on what I am doing in copy of cubes and errors I am getting:

Subject: Troubleshoot Copy of Cubes

I have tried to copy several cubes on my BI 7.0 and all of them same error, so I am wondering whether I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

System error in program SAPLRS_EXECPTION and from RS_EXEPTION_TO_MESSAGE

SQL Error 0

Unknown error in SQL Interface

Errors in source system

After error occurs I get following message in mail:

The error occurred in Extractor.

Refer to the error message.

Procedure

How you remove the error depends on the error message.

Note

If the source system is a Client Workstation, then it is possible that the file that you wanted to load was being edited

at the time of the data request. Make sure that the file is in

the specified directory, that it is not being processed at the

I looked in SM21, system logs, whenever error occurs, I see the u201C

Database selection with invalid cursor &5&5

The database interface was called by a cursor (in a FETCH or CLOSE cursor operation) that is not flagged as opened. This can occur if a COMMIT or ROLLBACK was executed within a SELECT loop (which closes all opened cursors), followed by another attempt to access the cursor (for example, the next time the loop is executed).

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHEN I AM COPYING FROM CUBE, WHY SAP BW will generate u201Cinvalid cursoru201D message. Not sure whether it is normal, i.e., not a real error,

My cube copying (from cube 1 to cube 2) is a straightforward procedure:

a. Select Copy from Cube 1 and create Cube 2.

b. Create Export Data Source from Cube 1 Menu.

c. From Cube 2 menu, Create Update rules, In update rules select DataSource as 8Cube1.

d. Create an Info Package for 8Cube1 under Infosource/DataSource and then run the package.

Certain no of records e.g.. 3248 or so get loaded and then the error messages are generated, why?

Really appreciate any help. I tried SM37, does not give any clue. I also Tried SM50, it shows me the process, but I still cannot figure how to generate developer trace.

Since behavior is same for several cubes I tried, something else also needs to be done, I do not know what???

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zigzag

From SM21 you can see the work process number ( NR Field)

Then go to sm50, Click on that work process, go to "process" from menu ,Click on "trace" and then "Display File"

Developer traces are written in files in the work directory of the SAP application server that generated the trace

FOr work process number XX it will be like dev_wXX or dev_wXX.old

You can check these file either from sm50 ( if it is active) or from AL11 ( if it is dev_wXX.old)

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where does one specify pacaket size. I looked in DataSource, did not find any way. I was under rhe impression when BI is copying, it will uatomatically split rows in various requests instead of on ebig request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to see the developer trace file now. It also says :"Inalid cursor ..." same error which I posted earlier.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zigzag

are you getting any dump in ST22? If yes, please copy paste the dump

Open the infopackage and then go to: Scheduler --> DataS. default data transfer. From here you can modify the maximum size of a data packet for that infopackage.

By the way, did you try function module RSDRT_INFOCUBE_DATA_COPY?

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. No dump in ST22

2. Now I can see how to modify Packet Size.

3. No I ha dnot tried the Function Module, will look into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

it's not an intentional behavior of the BI system - you are dealing with an error in the low level API of the BW system

accessing the Oracle database.

it seems to me you should check service.sap.com Bug notes regarding the invalid cursor copying cubes / while extracting.

Or open a support request to SAP.

bye

yk

Answers (0)