cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoObject atttributes not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have created an additional attribute for 0MATERIAL called ZOLDMAT (Old material nr - BISMT). It is available in the infosource for 0MATERIAL_ATTR and contains data. The problem is however that the content of BISMT is not transferred to the masterdata (P table). ZOLDMAT is created as a normal char 18 field. No attributes, no master data, attribute only = blank. I have set the rule to transfer a constant (XXXXX) as well, but no joy. I also tried this with an existing attribute (0RT_FASHGRD) just to test, but also no update. I have activated the masterdata after the update.

There are no error messages during the update. I could not find any notes, nor topics under SDN under this heading.

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Johan Loock

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Are you using Flexible Update for 0MATERIAL? . If

yes then you have to assign the update rules for the

attribute ZOLDMAT as direct info object assignment from communication structure. Go to Infoproviders and see the update rules of 0MATERIAL. Whenever u add a new attribute the update rule of the attribute will be blank and the assignment should be done by us.

Regards,

Prakash B

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash & Aby.

Yes, I am using the flexible update. I am actually a bit embarrassed here, because I forgot about the update rules. You were both spot-on. I will allocate you both 10 points if the system allows it.

Thanks,

JL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

Just to confirm once again:

please check if you have added zoldmat to comminication struture and transfer structure and mapped in transfer structure to bismt & transfer rules active.

also check if you can see the same mapped in update rules.

in the zoldmat object dont check "attribute only", dont check "with master data".

Check the box "with texts" & "medium texts exits".

Hope this helps..

thanks,

( dont forget the points if helpful...)