cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Print formats(invoice) for different Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our export sale the requirement is that the output format(print format) should be customer dependent.For eg If we print invoice to customer X then it should be as per their given format otherwise they will not accept it. There are about 5/6 customers who want invoice format as per their specified format.

To meet this requirement what configurations do i need?Is it possible if i copy RD00 condition type as per my req ( like ZRD01, ZRD02 etc )and then assgin it in procedure V100000. So that i can create diff print format for my diff copied RD00 condition types and choose as per the req in VF01.

regards

JP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on how much different the invoice should be, it might be easier to handle this in the form iself (SAPscript or Smart Form). We also had similar requirements and set up a Z table for all the "special" customers and their requirements. But in our case the differences were rather minor (e.g. one customer wanted a "no-money" copy, with no prices; another wanted an additional column, etc.).

If the differences are major (e.g. different paper size an orientation) and you would need to create a separate form, then a Z output type would be necessary with the condition records by customer #.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i understood correctly, Customers here is payer

For this requirement you have to define the output type for each customer and assign the new smartform or SAPSCRIPT.

you can define the SMARTFORM as per the layout given by the business in the transaction code SMARTFORMS

and OUTPUT can be defined in the NACE transaction ,

Maintain the condition records in the BILLING DOCUMENT/CUSTOMER combination

You can create one print program to fetch the data for all the forms, i think the form layout will be different but the data elements are same

Assign the smartform (layout) to the output type and also the print program.

Hope it is clear, if not revert back with more details we can help

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Different Output Conditions would be the simplest way. You can easily drive another Print Program, i.e. a different layout per Output Type, then just maintain the Condition records to suit your Customers. However, we wanted something with more flexibility & visibility, therefore we added a Z field to the Customer Master, then included logic in the Print Program to drive the layout changes.

Cheers, Paul.