cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system Hangs after kernel update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Client side, they did kernel upgrade in production system . After this upgrade , they are not able to execute any RFCs. Whenever they are executing RFCs , it keep on running continuously (hangs long time).. Not able to get any results.

Please guide me how to handle this problem.

Thanks

Silviya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please give some details about your source kernel and target kernel release ? also about your platform ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Recently we upgraded kernel version 620 to Kernel Version 700. We are using SAP-JCO connection to execute the RFCs. SAP R/3 systems hangs continuously for 7 days whilel executing the RFCs through SAP-JCO server. we are not getting any result from RFCs.it is haning the system.

Please guide me anything need to change in setting..please help me out this.

Thanks

Silviya

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have not specified your platform and kernel release to which you have upgraded your kernel. I am assuming that you are on kenel release 201 for unix platform with oracle.

please check below note

Note 1151775 - JCO connections hang

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Just forget about kernel upgrade.In my client production, they are trying to execute RFC "RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN",,but the system continuously hanging for one week. They are not able to do anything with RFC. Other ABAP normal programs are working fine.

They creating invoice by RFCs. Whenever they running this RFC , system gets hanging continuously. what may be the reason..and how to correct it .please guide me ASAP. I couldnt get content of sapnote 1151775. If you have sapnote 1151775 details , please give me.

Thanks a lot

Silviya

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is if you have upgraded your kernel to 201 then downgrade it to 185.. as it is a known bug as per oss note 1151775..

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paste dev_rfc trace file here , if u have not upgraded Kernel to above mentioned kernel. If Yes then degrade your kernel.

Shailesh