cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM 3.0 Catalog in MDM 7.1 - Portal Integration - Failed Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in the process of building up SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 in MDM 7.1 environment, we are able to

login/Configure using http://Server:port/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM , but when we try to connect to the same URL using portal workset - Emplyee Self service ( Configured the same URL in SRM Server - defined external web service and linked with all mdm-user credentails ), it gives error - saying like "error connecting catalog - see system administrator "

My questions are

1. Is it mandatory to use Portal-MDM ivews to build the catalog page and assign it to users or we can also follow the same methadology like defining the webservice in SRM by providing URL with credentials?

2. if we can define SRM MDM catalog UI using external catalog webservice definition, then how we would integrate it to the portal page ( in Shop page ) - is any config required in portal side?

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing the same problem, In ESS in Shopping Screen When we click on Catalog Link we are getting the same error.

"Error connecting to Catalog; contact your System Administrator", please provide us the solution.

Thanks Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I'm having a similar issue with SRM 7.0 and SRM-MDM Catalog. Did you resolve this problem? I'd be very grateful if you could advise if you managed to find a solution.

best regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm Still getting "Error Connecting Catalog contact System Admin" Error while Clicking the Catalog link in Shop in ESS portal page, please some one through some light on this issue, is any Config required in portal side?

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check Parameter in web service definition in SRM system and make sure they are correct specially MDM server, Repository Name, Repository Port, User ID.