cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One field failes to update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Proxy - SOAP. Synch.

The data goes fine and hits the target except one field. That field is shown in request message mapping, there is no error in request / response or CC.

But the mesg is not seen in the target system. It shows it as empty.

To isolate this, i have sent msg from Web service navigator and the field is getting updated.

Has any one faced this strange issue earlier?

thanks,

Venkat.

Edited by: Venkat A on Jun 26, 2009 8:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

It was because of the mis match in the order of sequence of fields in XML sent and XML that web service expects.

I am not marking it answered becuase I would like to konw if the sequence really matters in XML?

can we comeover it?

thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally nope , Elements in Outbound Strcuture would be mapped to target structure , but request message structure of u r WebService should be same , that wonot be a prob as u wud have loaded the wsdl file.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

As long as you send in the format of wsdl you should not run into any issues.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys,

Actually its like this,

old XML :

<Country>India</Country>

<field_not_populated>INR</field_not_populated>

New request XML from PI to WS:

<field_not_populated>INR</field_not_populated>

<Country>India</Country>

In the new New request XML, it is updating the target field. It implies the sequence of the fields in the xml that is from PI to WS matters.

THis is my understanding as per the fix.

are you guys trying to tell that this sequence is not imp?

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>It implies the sequence of the fields in the xml that is from PI to WS matters.

Ofcourse it matters

The payload which you get after message mapping should be same as the payload which is expected by Receiver SOAP system,that is why you generally get WSDL/XSD from them or generate your own but exactly similar to the one which is acceptable by receiver system.

You can not have floating structure in message mapping.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

my understanding is... if there are 10 fields and 5 each are mandatory / not mandatory fields

the mandatory fields should be in sequence and if non mandatory fields occur they should also be in the sequence

thanks all,

Venkat.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

If the value is numeric try to add leading zeros with it and send in response mapping and give a try. Like if the field is 123 and the total length of the field in proxy is 10 then send as 0000000123.

For testing just hardcode this and give a try.

Regards,

---Satish