cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll : SAP Enterprise Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am sure that some of you have used <b><a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ed/897483ea5011d6b2e800508b6b8a93/content.htm">SAP Enterprise Connector</a></b> in your projects.

-o I was wondering if there are any <i>Performance Limitations</i> or <i>Advantages</i> by using the SAP Enterprise Connector than the normal R3 RFC model.

-o So if anybody can guide on this topic, please also let us know if any tuning or adjusmments that are to be made to achieve better performance.

-o It would also be a nice idea to include set of new features needed, problems and performance information.

• Moderator : I could not find out where i can give a POLL, so i had a post a message. Please let me know where i could Poll a topic. is it possible to edit this message into a Poll msg?

Thanks !!

Rgds / mfg,

Sreenivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreenivas,

Actually, I see neither limitations nor advantages in terms of performance between SAP Enterprise Connector (SAP-EC here and below)and Adaptive RFC model (A-RFC).

Here are what is really relevant:

1. SAP-EC may be used in any environment, be it either stand-alone Java application, or EJB component, or J2EE Web application. A-RFC may be used <b>only</b> from WebDynpro application, while it relies on certain WD-specific classes.

2. On other hand, SAP-EC has no notion of dictionary as UI-friendly DDIC structures and types, enumerations, back-end conversion rules. A-RFC does. It was designed this way, and "dictionary" functionality is its core feature.

3. You may use any JCo.Client with SAP-EC, even switch it on-the-fly, however you must do connection pooling yourself. A-RFC uses WDSystemLandscape to get connections, connection pooling management is done via configuration tools. However, you may not switch A-RFC connection for logical data dictionary (metadata connection). Even you may change data connection, both connections must point to the very same R/3 system. This is done for metadata/data consistency on one hand and ability to define different credentials and pool options for metadata/data access on other hand.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com