Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transported iView/Model Doesn't work on QA

former_member325725
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use VC 7.0 SP16. We have developed a Model and deployed the iView in our Dev that we transported to QA. I've included the par and localization files when creating the transport and the import worked just fine.

I've updated the references to the Back End System Properties in the iView to point to the correct QA system. But when accessing the iView on QA, I get the error: " Failed to connect to the backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges" . I'm trying to preview the iView with the super admin user and i believe permission should not be an issue here.

Can find anything more written in the DefaultTrace.

Anybody has faced similar issues? Appreciate help to fix this...

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Check with user mapping details in 'Identity Management' whether you've mapped right back end user mapping for the portal user.

Regards

Basheer

former_member325725
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

Thx for your hints..in fact we have a dual stack and hence the portal user repository is the ABAP user store and the system is configured to perform SSO with logon tickets as the UID remains the same.

I'm also checking on Manikandan's suggestion on whether we need to recompile/redeploy the model on QA.

Regards,

Anil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member325725
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As it turns out , there seems some hard code references in the transported par, SAP has suggested to build the model in DEV with a generic name for the back end system and ensure the same alias is maintained for the systems across the landscape. So we changed the model to use this generic name and when it was transported, it continued to pick the appropriate system to pull the data in QA. Yet to move to PRD

Regards,

Anil

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do the steps given in this below HOWTO guide.

[How Tou2026 Transport Visual Composer iViews in SAP NetWeaver u201804|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0f92042-b36c-2910-d4a3-abfa103564bd?overridelayout=true]

[View this Article|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0f92042-b36c-2910-d4a3-abfa103564bd]

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I think the system alias that you have used in development does not exist in production.

or it is pointing to some other system.

You cannot any changes in your model if you dont have the model in the PCD

For model to appear in the pcd,in the compiler options you have to select "deploy with par"

compile and deploy the model

Now you should see the model in the PCD

After making the regular transport to the quality system.You can go to the PCD ,open the model

and do any changes (like selecting the correct system alias /dataservice).recompile and deploy

Hope this should solve the problem.

Regards,

Manikandan.