cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound receiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a manufacturing plant which is at IM level and a distribution plant with WM.

I create an STO from the M plant to the D plant.I create an outboudn delivery and do a goods issue.

My question is around the receipt.I will have to create an inbound delivery with respect to the STO adn then create a Transfer order.

I am havign error messages pop up saying no delivery type assigned to confirmation category 2(table 163D).I just got a little confused as i always thought we ahve to create an inbound delivery to receive a stock transport order.

Is there any way I can receive this stock into my D plant other then inbound delivery or is inbound delivery the only way if so, is there any config I am missing???

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inbound delivery is only an option in stock transport process (if HU req. is set for SLoc of D/C then inbound delivery is a must).

You can receive the goods from stock in transit via transaction MIGO with reference to the PO (STO) or with reference to the outbound delivery.

If you want to use inbound delivery you have to do some customizing. E.g. in LE and MM (SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Confirmations > Set up Confirmation Control).

Inbound delivery process:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/2d/1a2537a9d25f07e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

Thanks for the reply, I am picking from a IM location with no HU packing and do a goods issue.When I receive against the sto it is saying delivery in document flow does not match.So i was wondering if it is compulsory to create an inbound delivery with respect to the PO and then receive it?We have no HU's

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i could receive against the outbound delivery....thanks

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you maintain confirmation controle key in PO then only inbound delivery required to receive the material in receiving plant.If you make it blank in confirmation controle tab,you can receive the material with outound delivery or PO in migo