cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ECC6 EHP4 ready - Oracle Client extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing an ECC6 EHP4 ready system.

Our server has multuple systems running on the server with Oracle Database and oracle client is already available.

During instalation, sapinst always tries to extract Oracle client and we dont want this, so we always rename the OCL10264.SAR file to OCL10264.SAR.OLD or something like that and the sapinst step fails.

Then we just modify the keydb.xml file and make the step - OK.

I dont see this option now with ECC6+EHP4 installation.

The Keydb.xml looks different too.

Does anyone know how I can ignore this step and continue with this new release?

Even though I see a lot of improvements in SAPINST with the new release, it would be bad if this step or any other step cannot be ignored anymore.

Please suggest

Suhail

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is weird, because everytime i do a second installation (oracle client already installed), then sapinst noticed that correctly. I always get the option to deselect the extraction of the archive.

Are you doing a typical or custom installation (at the first sapinst screen)? I always do custom.

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved....during the initial stages of the installation while it gathers all information, it checks and makes sure that the client software is available but doesnt extract it....i made it available and the installation went ahead....it extract it later before the database installation and at that time I removed it and when the installation failed, I was able to modify the keydb.xml file.

Regards

Cyrus