cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org Structure Requirement for SRM Bidding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I would appreciate help with the following.

My client wishes to use solely the bidding engine on SRM, taking requisitions in from ERP under plan driven procurement and creating PO's on ERP. On this I've a few questions

1. Is there still a requirement to create an org structure on SRM just for bidding (i.e. they won't be using self-service procurement) ~ I guess yes?

2. How does the HR Replication from ERP to SRM work if you just wish to take across a select number of users and approvers who would do bidding (i.e. not entire corporate organisation)

3. Would there be complications in setting up a limited number of ID's rather than maintaining a full org structure, i.e. instead of seperate Id's for each bidder just maintain one bidder and one approver netid for each purchasing organisation?

4. Is there an employee portal or some other means of maintaining the ERP HR Org and SRM Org through the same screen?

Thanks again for any assistance!

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

1- SRM Org Structure mandatory (with attributes)

2- HR replication filter can be set up to replicate only the R/3 branches your want.

3- Not sure to understand your requirement : you define the SRM strcuture to make it work in SRM : no need at all to fit the R/3 structure !

4- As far as i know: no

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by: Yann Bouillut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jann,

I have got a new requirement for building a BI report that data is coming from SRM server.

so Kindly let me know what is the standard data source which will provide BIDDING process & contractors details from SRM?

Hope you will respond soon.

With regards

Venky

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats great, thanks for your answer, have awarded you points to recognise your assistance to me.