cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR for ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In order to implement ES in ECC environment, the documentation says that we need ESR. Does this mean that PI is a required for ES to work in ECC 6.0?

Also, if we do install PI, then can one PI(ESR) system work for multiple ECC 6.0 systems(dev,qas etc)

I have gone thru the Master Guide for Netweaver and SAP ERP but don't have a definitive answer.

Thanks,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ESR comes with either CE7.1 or PI7.1.

Yes, if you install one PI7.1 (ESR) it will work with N-ERPs but again PI7.1 also comes as Dev/QA/Prod so it is advisable to connect respective ESR with respective ERP system.

If you have further query please don't hesitate to ask else you can close this thread.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi topaz,

PI7.1 is a middle ware with a power of ESR - enterprise service repository.

Web Services are self contained and self describing application functionality that can be processed through open internet standards.

Enterprise services are highly-integrated Web services combined with business logic and semantics that can be accessed and used repeatedly to support a particular business process.

as per my knowledge to manage many SAP systems we can use PI system centrally. while in same context PI will play role of ESR for different Enterprise services.

Let me know your scenario.

regards,

rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For synchronous web services (inside-out scenarios), you do not need PI system. For asynchronous web services, you need PI system to achieve mapping, reliable messaging, sequencing etc.

For different ECC systems such as DEV, QA, PRD, you need PI different systems. But if you have different DEV or QA systems, you can make use of single PI system.

Thanks,

Venu