cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing date in condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just wanted to know what is use of "pricing date" + '' quantity conversion" field in condition type.

How and what is the functionality of this field.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me take an example for your better understanding....

Say you are in an industry where the price factors changes most frequently and when ever you create order the price factor wont affect rather it will be effective only on the date of this PRICING DATE field.

Here you have various options like

Standard (KOMK-PRSDT; tax and rebate KOMK-FBUDA)

A Date of services rendered (KOMK-FBUDA)

B Price date (KOMK-PRSDT)

C Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)

D Creation date (KOMK-ERDAT)

E Order date (KOMK-AUDAT)

Depending upon this selection system will consider the date of pricing.

Hope its clear.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks to both you.

In PRICING DATE I am still trying to understand as I am going through your answers.

I am trying to find out what is the difference if I am going to sellect Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)....instead of Price date (KOMK-PRSDT).

Pls let me know what is the difference in functionality between these two.

QTY Conversion.

Prasanth you mention ''condition bases'' ...................if you could what exactly you mean by that OR is there any other way to understand this more clearly.

Many thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am trying to find out what is the difference if I am going to sellect Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)....instead of Price date (KOMK-PRSDT).

If you will give the date Billing date, then the value of condition type will be effective only on the billing date, and not on the Pricing date.

For example :

You made the sales order on date 20.06.2009 for the 10 Qtys at the rate of 10 Rs Per qty

Did the PGI on 23.06.2009

Invoice on 23.06.2009

Now say for a specific condition type the record get changed on 23.06.2009 ( Like fresigh surcharge) then the new record will be effective if you have choosen the option billing date in Condition type. and if you have choosen the option of Price date than the date from the sales order pricing date will come into picture.

Hope its clear.

> QTY Conversion.

>

> Prasanth you mention ''condition bases'' ...................if you could what exactly you mean by that OR is there any other way to understand this more clearly.

As you might be knowing in pricing procedure we give Alternative condition base value......... So if quantity conversion is ticked here then the conversion of quanity will takes place accordingly.

Condition bases in nothing but Alternative condition base value in Pricing pricedure.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks a lot and for very well explanation. I really appreciate your time and effort.

Well the end idea is to get money from customer.

What I am trying to understand why SAP has given two option here . In business world OR in invoice point of view what It is going to change if I choose biling date ...........instead pricing date.

Kindly let me know on this.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your sweet comments :).

See as i explained earlier also, There are various things which keep on changing, (dont consider only your scenario)

When we give Billing date its absolutely fine and generally in most of the business we do this. But reason for SAP to give these are again your business process and provide you the felexibility which may require at any point of time.

Say You have given billing date in condtion type., But for some customer it may be possible that you have to keep the price fixed irrespective of the changes in later stage...... In that case you have to do the Price date i.e the date on which you priced the order.

Hope it makes you more clear.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Many thanks for your brilliant explanation and I think it makes sence to me now.

Take care and soon we will chat on some other topic.

Your points have been awarded.

Thanks again,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I have forwarded points to you also for all your help.

Take care,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

>

> Dear Raja,

>

> Many thanks for your brilliant explanation and I think it makes sence to me now.

>

> Take care and soon we will chat on some other topic.

Sure, It also makes us understand the things deeply, You too take care. Have a great week end.

Thanks,

Raja

hiteshv_talele
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Quantity conversion:

This field controls the quantity conversion during determination of the condition bases. This field only relevant for calculation rule C quantity dependent condition types. If you deactivated it, then the

condition bases quantity is converted via the quantity to the stock-keeping unit. This means that the condition quantity is determined for planned factors. That means the changes to the conversion factors in the delivery or the order are not taken into consideration.

If you activated this field, then the quantity unit and the condition quantity unit are identical. Then the

quantity of the document item is used that is actual quantity.

Pricing date:

Standard (KOMK u2013 PRSDT, Tax and Rebate KOMK - FBUDA)

We can specify the pricing date at which this condition to be affected.

A Date of service renders (KOMK-FBUDA)

B Price Date (KOMK-PRSDT)

C Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)

D Creation Date (KOMK-ERDAT)

E Order Date (KOMK-AUDAT)

regards