cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 426 Failure writing network stream

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we run our XI on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)

also the ftp, I am processing a flat txt file and suddenly I get this error in the file adapter:

6/26/09 6:09:00 PM 8717b4ef-0a5c-4f01-0d99-fc84d5244cce Could not process due to error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error during RETR epilogue: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 426 Failure writing network stream.

6/26/09 6:09:00 PM 8717b4ef-0a5c-4f01-0d99-fc84d5244cce Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: sun.io.MalformedInputException

6/26/09 6:09:00 PM Processing started

If more details needed, let me know.

Thanks.

BJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bittner,

It says Failure writing network stream. So your FTP is not allowing to write. Please check whether it is down or what? If not check the permissions are there or not.

Also I see another error: Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: Check whether you have any data in the file or not in adapter monitoring for the communication channel payload.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

thanks for your answer, I found the error message itself very confusing. The problem was following:

encoding

I did not came to my mind to check the encoding of the *.txt file - it was necessary to set the file encoding to:

ISO-8859-1

Then the error message: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 426 Failure writing network stream

was a consequence of the previous.

But I still would like to know what exactly is happenning when the adapter is trying to process the file and states the error:

426 Failure writing network stream

Thanks Satish

Edited by: Jaroslav Bittner on Jun 29, 2009 9:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (0)