cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component profile properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have created a Portal application and deployed and created an IView from the PAR.

In the portalapp.xml i had created a property in the component profile.

<property name="geoProdukt" value="">

<property name="personalization" value="none"/>

<property name="type" value="none"/>

</property>

In the iview geoProdukt value is given as "Internet".Application runs and everything goes good.

Now,i changed the property name "geoProdukt" to "geoProduct".When i deploy the PAR file i can see now all the 2 properties "geoProdukt" , "geoProduct" and their values respectively "Internet" and "".

I have restarted J2E engine,restarted the portal, removed the value "Internet" from property "geoProdukt" and deploy the archive once again,but nothing helps here.

When i delete the Iview and create once again i see only "geoProduct" and not "geoProdukt".

This is the behaviour i want but without deleting the iview,because if we delete the iview all other configurations and relations with other pages are gone.

Can anybody have solution for this ??.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you view properties in the property editor, the properties come from 3 locations (in order of priority):

• PCD

• Application (in this case, portalapp.xml)

• Core iView

When you make a change to an attribute, this change is made to the PCD, and this property value takes precedent over the others.

So, when you deploy your application, you have nothing in the PCD and just "geoProdukt" in the portalapp.xml. If you were to redeploy at this point, everything would be fine and you would only have "geoProduct".

But when you change the value of "geoProdukt", it is now in the PCD, and when you redeploy, the value is not erased. The property editor now displays "geoProdukt" (stored in the PCD) and "geoProduct" (stored in the application).

If you want to erase it, go to the PCD inspector and erase the "geoProdukt" from the iView.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

P.S.: Why do you want to do all this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the explantion .Your solution works.Thanks once again.

<b>"P.S.: Why do you want to do all this? "</b>

1.Because i was curious how this can be solved.

2.I have created portal application which will communicate with external GIS providers.So i have created some properties for this component ,retrieve their values and attach as parameter to the URL of GIS providers.

3.One of my collegue told me to change the property name and i got into this "trouble".

Answers (0)