Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

with deleted role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of my team member has deleted role in system,and i need to the profile name for those roles he has deleted.

is there any way to find profile name for deleted role.

Need your assitance thnx,

Prasant

14 REPLIES 14

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to RSSCD100_PFCG and select the *All Change Documents (Technical View) * .... select table CD1016

choose the time period and user name in changed by if it is know.. otherwise leave it blank... then execute...

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This deos not help, i need to know what was the profile name for those to ulpad the role from backup.

Tnx

Prasant

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the column "Table Key" in the output screen? This column contains the profile names for the roles defined in the column "Role Name"...

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Its showing for few role,not for all,

I tried that earlier,for some role it does not show at all.

Thanks,

Prasant

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure to select the option and the table CD1016 as I mentioned in the earlier post... and even if you don't get any value in Profile name field for some roles the those roles didn't have profiles generated in the current condition.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try in the same client in which the changes are made and not in some system where the changes were transported ? Then, you should be able to see the requisite information by executing SUIM->Change Documents->For roles , you also may refer to the table CDHDR.

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same report can be found from suim->Change Document for roles->Give role name->Date few days back before delete->Click on All change documents->execute. You will see the profile name. Check and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tried all those, but only got for few as there were few composite also,and rest without profile,my big problem was it has been deleted thourghout landscape,and now i cannot upload it back,thanks for your help but i had a solution will work on that,these were test roles any how.

thanks very much to you all.

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would believe your other administrator just din't delete directly in each individual system. Probably he would have transported the role. if that's the case You can get the profile name thru the transport request.

0 Kudos

No,

i he deleted using report that i have created for that, that program will delete throughout the landsacpe,where that role exist,and he executed and selected all client,which include PRD also.

No issue i have already figured everything and almost will fix it till late morning.

thanks to you all.

Prasant

0 Kudos

> i he deleted using report that i have created for that, that program will delete throughout the landsacpe,where that role exist,and he executed and selected all client,which include PRD also.

and...

> No issue i have already figured everything and almost will fix it till late morning.

Perhaps you want to rethink the checks in that report...

Did anyone do a QA check on it?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

This report tested by execution today,and for which i am here for more than 15 hrs now,perhaps transporting roles to delete role was better idea,instead creating reports.

any i am fixing it now,perhaps,will avoid these scenarios.

I was expecting your help ,may be i was late.

Thanks,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Via transports you can test and use release procedures (and sequences) for such things.

A remote enabled report to delete stuff is always a bad idea for a number of reasons.

- It can be submitted from anywhere.

- It will tempt you into exposing it to other connections used for other purposes.

- By design, you need connections from DEV to QAS to PRD systems beyonds the restricted TMS ones.

- It is very subject to human error (without warnings quite often as receiving the results of a function is more difficult to program).

Back to your problem though...

Unfortunately there is no version management for roles. What there however is, is Su24 and org levels and change documents. Some people even only transport the role data, and generate the profiles in the target system.... but for that your config has to be exactly identical and maintenance fields very well documented.

No easy task.

However you might be able to reconstruct the profile from that.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 26, 2009 10:41 PM

Lisa_Shang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue about recovering the deleted system role SAP_BW_WORKSPACE_DESIGNER, I did the same as you said but only get the deleted role record. The deleted role is not come back the the system role list.

Could you help me for this ?

Thank you very much.

Lisa Shang