cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between content area and subform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to adobe forms.

I want to know the theoritical difference between content area and subform.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Content Area

Content areas define where objects can be placed or laid down on body pages. When you design a form, you cannot place an object on a body page unless it is inside the area bounded by a content area.You can add content areas to master pages only.

Whenever you create a new master page, LiveCycle Designer creates a default content area on the master page.

A static form design will typically contain one content area. A dynamic form design can have one or more content areas. You can specify whether the objects in each content area should be laid down from top to bottom or from left to right and top to bottom.

Subform

Subforms are container objects that you can use to group form design objects including: fields, boilerplate objects, and other subforms. Once grouped, you can control whether the subform and the grouped objects appear on your form based on data bindings you configure for your form. You can also configure subform objects to be repeatable, which enables you to have multiple instances of a single subform and its grouped objects appear on your form. This allows you to create more flexible and adaptable form designs.

Subforms are an essential component when creating dynamic forms because they provide the dynamic capabilities to be visible, remain hidden, and to grow, all in response to data and user interaction at run time.

By

Parthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

your context area defines whre you can place your data.. you can't place, as far as i know, fields outside your context area - this is useful as a boundary between your page and your info.

subforms are really handy.... they are used for many purposes.

you can group sections of logical fields together so they're easier to work with

you can have a flowed subform on a position page if you need to have flowed content but want the stability of a positioned page.