cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rates for Commitment Cost and Actual Costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am confused on exchange rates. Whenever I am creating a PO with account assignment P (having different Company code and document currency) the exchange rate used is M. Whenever I do MIGO or actaul posting the exchange rate is some diff say "xxxx" as reqd by client. The second exchange rate is picked up from co code i.e currencies of leading ledger.

Can anyone explain me how this rates are picked up and what is priority while picking them ?

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintained currency translation keys to see the currency conversion using desired exchange rate in PS reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While Creating po in ME21N / ME22N Purchase order change Set the Exchange Rate Fixed Indicator in Po header Details and save.

Then The exchange rate is Fixed till Invoice Verification.

Go to T-code OB08, Maintain for *M *Standard translation at average rate

Input date in between from TO period which you have maintain.

System will pick the exchange rate type " M " in Purchase order.

If you want, you can change the exchange rate manually and can fix it.

In case of MIGO , it will pick the exchange rate type which you have maintained in your GR doc type .

If you are doing procurement with different currency, you have to specify the exchange rate in PO. If not system will take the default exchange rate which you can maintained in exchange rate type transaction.

For example, while creating PO exchange rate 1 USD = Rs.40, but while posting Invoice Exchange rate 1 USD = Rs.43.

If the exchange rate is fixed in procurement, then you can mention by selecting the Exchange rate fixed in Purchase Order. Once you select this option for the particular PO, you can change the exchange rate in MIRO. It depends on the conditions mentioned Purchase order or agreement between the client and Vendor.

If you have not selected Exchange rate fixed then in MIRO transaction by default system will pick the exchange rate from Exchange rate type table and you can change it MIRO transaction.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

Where the Exchange rate "M" is picked up from in PO header? I would like to have some diff exchnage rate by default here. Where is this setting done?

Sarang

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want default exchange rate difference then don't set the indicatoe EXCH.RATE FIXED in Delivery / Invoice tab at header level in PO. while doing MIGO difference of exchange rate amount betwwen PO and GR will be booked against price difference account.

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

You can mantain the Exchange rate type in the planning profile.OPSB.

Reg.Sam