cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail text in order confirmation output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SD gurus:

In our SAP system, order confirmation output is currently sent to customer via email with PDF attachement, works perfectly. Email has proper title (order number), order confirmation PDF attachment, but without any content in the mail body.

User has requested to including a following text in the mail content body - "For terms and conditions, please visit our website.....".

I did following: In IMG config -> maintain output type, under output types, folder "maintain title and text", i maintained the above text. However when the order confirmation is sent, it still only has the mail subject, and PDF attachment, the text that i maintained is not appeariing in the mail content body.

Please advise whether i missed anything?

Many thanks,

Hailan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

take the help of a ABAPer and he has to populate your subject text in 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'.

Please let me know if you still have any issues on this.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have got reply from SAP, OSS notes 753622 and 1086090, basically the PDF attachment itself can be considered as the body of the mail. This is the standard system behavior. Because, the result of the conversion of the body text to a PDF document is the attachment. However, due to legal requirements a new note 1086090 wsa created to allow for this functionality.

Many thanks for everybody's help, i will the function module, and notes 1086090.

Regards,

Hailan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeshwar & Sai:

Many thanks for both of your help on the advice. We will try the option of using function module you two have suggested, and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Hailan.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let us know how did you configure the mail output and its subject and its triggering. Can we send multiple mail from single out put type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hailan,

The output program uses the function module SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 to send an E-mail. In this Function module, you need to pass the text ( What ever you needed ) in the CONTENTS_TXT parameter.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sai:

Thanks for your reply. I will try this function module. But before that, is there a way to achieve this through standard config? I thought there is a way to do it in config. Would you know whether what i did was wrong?

i went to IMG -> xxxxxx -> maintain output type -> go to the order confirmation output type, and then double click "mail title and tex", then click green arrow back, and has the screen to maintain the language, text and document title, i add text "fof terms and conditions, please visit xxx" in the text field. I though this text field is where the mail body text comes from. Is there anything i did wrong?

Many thanks again!

Hailan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose Text you are taking about is fixed text .

"For terms and conditions, please visit our website.....".

I mean it will not vary wrt sales order. Then why don't you hard code it on the form of order confirmation.

This you can do it with the help of abaper.

Warm regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the answer. The output form we have is shared by the physical output, fax output or email output (as attachment), so i would like to use standard config to include the extra text ("for terms & condition, please visit xxxx") in the email body only, not affect fax or print output, so i don't have to change the output form, as it's shared by all three output methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Chetan:

Many thanks for your help, i will try to use ABAP if standard config is not possible.

Thanks again,

Hailan.