cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide first level navigation but show 2. level

0 Kudos

Hi,

is is possible to hide the first level navigation entry but make the levels below still visible in the navigation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is possible by making the entry point of the first level navigation role/workset as 'no' and the second level entry (role/workset) as 'yes'. But this will anyway show the second level now as the first level and the previous third level will be shown in the second level of Navigation.

Regards,

Harini S

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

addition:

- the role is merged into another role.

- I tried various versions with "entry point" setting and the "invisible in navigation" parameter or only linking to the workset...but either the role appears in first level or no navigation is displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you found any solution to this. I'm currently in a situation where I need the same functionality.

Br,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikola,

If you follow the instructions given by Harina, and subsequently set the 'Top-Level Navigation' iView property '<b>Number of Display Levels</b>' to '<b>1</b>' (default is '2') this should result in your desired behaviour

Hope this helps!

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case I have 2 roles, which each occupies 1 entry in the first level. Each having a number of 2nd level entries. What I want is to navigate between the roles by quicklink (/irj/portal/role1 and /irj/portal/role2). And when a user is located in role 1 he should not see elements from role 2. And I do have situations where users have both roles. So in other words only the 2nd level entries for the current role should be displayed.

BR,

Thomas

0 Kudos

the end user should not be able to navigate to the role (based on first level restrictions).

The role ( starting 2nd. level )should only be reached through a link.

thanks for your help so far

nikola

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can set it by giving the <b>Entry point to yes</b> for property of pcd elements in the second level of navigation may be workset or folder or page.

Also if you would like to configure the number of levels in TLN , DLN see this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5a/33befa45ca7f459b24d0c5d51d0749/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ganesh N

0 Kudos

Is it possible to keep the 2nd Level and not make it to first level navigation entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikola,

If u set the second level entry as yes and first level entry as no, obviously ur second level will enter in the first level. I don't think u can hide the first level and show the second level in its place itself. If u try hiding the first level using visibility control also, all the levels under it will become invisible.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Harini S

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Nikola,

If you hide the top-level, how will you navigate? You will only see the first role (starting at the second level)?

(If you want this, just don't set entry points for the roles except the first, and set the entry point to the second level node -- though I don;t think this is what you really want).

Maybe you can explain the behavior you want. I'm sure there will be a standard solution for it.

Daniel