cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining metadata destination to SAP PI - adaptive webservice model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I need connect my webdynpro application with SAP PI (SOAP connector). Actually Iu2019m creating two destinations (metadata and execution) for each operation and itu2019s causing a lot of work of configuration.

I could inform no metadata destination, however with no u201Cdefault metadata destinationu201D I canu2019t configure the u201Cdefault execute destinationu201C, I donu2019t know why it happens. I think that the adaptive webservice model try identify the wsdl (for example with suffix in the url ?wsdl) with no destination is defined.

Iu2019d like to define a simple way to define the WSIL for all service in my SAP PI, in order to use only one metadata destination, but Iu2019m preoccupied with performance for reading with file with a lot of services. Or if I could inform no wsdl itu2019ll be better, but It doesnu2019t work with SAP PI and a execution destination.

My other option is change to web service model u2013 deprecated or use a proxy client.

Regards,

Cleiton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when integrating PI related webservices using adaptive webservice model , you would be providing the

wsdl file and choosing using logical destination and this configuration is simply and there is no huge configuration to

be done . When you are working on EP 7.0 , in the visual admin tool you can provide the logical destination names

the metadata and model data name and you can change the name of the defeault destination and you can provide

the same name for the both.

in the visual admin tool ,choose server -> services->select webservice security-> dynamic proxy -> provide the

wsdl usl and the user and password and client .

and using webservice model with deprecated well can also help , where there is no need for creating the

destination and just you can provide the wsdl url of the PI system .

There are Articles available in SDN , where you can find the using webservice for the PI systems

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I define only default logical destination the adaptive web service model doesn't work. According a paper the adaptive, when a define a default execution destination and no metadata destination the adaptive try to use the defautl configuration (?wsdl) than you'll have a problem because SAP PI don't offer this. As result, it will show a runtime error.

Regards,

Cleiton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default when you are creating a Adaptive WebService Model in WebDynpro: the model generator tool shows the below names as destinations:

DEFAULT_WS_METADATA_DEST

DEFAULT_WS_EXECUTION_DEST

There are just default names. We have to configure these destinations in Visual Admin.

You can configure these destination with any other name also in Visual Admin. After that we can change in model properties.

Go thorogh the steps in the below document to configure these destinations in VA.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b2bc0932-0d01-0010-6d8e-cff1b2f2...

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This isn't the solution.

I wouldn't create a different metadata configuration for each WSDL published in SAP PI.

Regards,

Garcia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is not clear for me.

As i understood, You dont want to create the destinations for all the webservices created in PI. Please correct me If I am wrong?

The actual aim of the destination (Either execution or metadata) is for the dynamic & adaptive nature.

Dynamic: If you configure the exeuction destination in VA, At runtime for example the host of the Webservice is chnaged. So you can change the Webservice url in this destination dynamically without touching the code.

Adaptive: If you configure the metada destination in VA. At runtime for example if the structure of the Webservice is changed (one additional field/ attribute is added in the input or the output object of the webservice). Still your old Webservice model works without any issues.

So if you dont want these features you can create your model without logical destinations.

In this case allways the webservice points to the designtime URL. You can change this design time URL in the model properties. But you need to touch the code here. Its not dynamic.

So you have many webservices and so that you want to avoid the effort of configuration is it?

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Charan,

Exactly Iu2019d like avoid the effort with configuration, you have understood almost all.

However, I need inform an execution destination in order to configure the HTTP authentication defined in my web services in SAP PI and ESA. But when I define the execution destination without metadata destination Iu2019ll have the problem described before.

Regards,

Cleiton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are defining the destination for execution then use the same destination for meta data also. It works without any issues.

You can use the same single destination for both metadata & execution purpose.

Note: And regarding this metadata, you need not to do any settings at PI end.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm try explain that SAP PI don't generate the access to the wsdl by endpoint...?wsdl. So I think that isn't possible user the same destination to published services soap adapter in SAP PI 7.0.

Regards,

Cleiton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even we also tried with Logical destination method, but was not fruitful.

So, we went up with creating a model for WSDL with No logical destination method, where in we were successful..

If you find a solution with using Logical destination method, do let me know..

Regards,

P188071.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P188071,

Did you use HTTP authentication in adaptive webservice model? I don't know how make the authentication works only with wsdl (without define the proxy destinations).

Regards,

Cleiton.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution that I had to accept for my problem was create a metadata destination for each web service (wsdl) in the SAP PI and a globa execution destionation with the user and password (and a change dynamically the endpoint according the informations of the UDDI).

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me see if I get it ...you have PI and you defined a Web service there? then to connect yo have to create a model of type "Web service", there you wont have any metadata connection, right?

metadata conections are for RFC conections and you dont have that

Unless you need help to import the RFC on PI

are you using R3 -> RFC -> PI -> Webdynpro connetions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jean, there is a "default metadata destination" when you use a adaptive web service model.