cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO:Portal to J2EE Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have developed a simple java application that has user-id & password textboxes along with a submit button.(login.jsp)

this is deployed as an iView in the server.

When the submit button is clicked,it navigates 2 another JSP page(welcome.jsp) that displays the user's name if the id and passowrd matches with that present in the backend DB.

I want 2 display this welcome page directly without prompting for a logon frm the user.

How can i do this with AppIntegrator?I referd the following <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=95024">thread</a>I cant find the system uri,in the source code of the application!

How should i proceed further?

Thanks in advance.

anticipating replies

SwarnaDeepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think i can't get the point: If the user should NOT enter there userid / password, how should the application identify him/her?

you are thinking of a SingleSignOn scenario, where the users don't have to enter their credentials, but somewhere this information must be read. For example SPNego / Kerberos could be a solution. But it won't work with your self written logon-application.

or, if the user has already got a SAPLogonTicket, you can use this to extract his userid. then you should implement a SAPLogonTicket verification in your application.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

Did you go through the thread which i've given in my question?its exactly the same scenario as that of mine!

That person has used AppIntegrator to tackle the issue!

I wondered how could this be possible!

So are you telling that its <b>not</b> possible to bypass the login.jsp and go directly to the welcome.jsp by doing user-mappping?

If i can use logontickets,can u please give the steps to be followed for the same?

thanks

swarna

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swarna,

indeed i didn't read the whole link (because it refers to other blogs and threads...)

now i know, what you are trying to do

the appintegrator takes the usermapping-infos and puts them as request-parameters to the page, the logon.jsp would call. maybe the inputfield names don't match with the request parameters?

<System.uri> is the used path that is behind the http://<host>:<port>/

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for the Quick reply.

there is where the problem lies!

When i run the jspdyn page & view its source code,the inputfield's name/id is not a constant one.Each time i run it, it shows a different value!

So wat should i give in the <i>URL template for UserMapping</i>parameter of the iView?(i.e. the <u>username</u>=<MappedUser>&<u>password</u>=<MappedPassword> values?)

and should <b>irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/loginpageProject.loginpage</b>be my system.uri?

Awaiting reply

Regards

swarna

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swarna,

if the inputfields always change, I believe it's not possible to map them, because you have to configure their names in the appintegrator.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then what is the solution for this problem?

how should i proceed?

Those who have already tried this,please help!

(I'm generous in giving points:))

Regards

Swarna

Message was edited by: SwarnaDeepika

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepika i have some time back configured an App integrator scenario ...i m sending it to too .

this will help you.

Regards,

Javed.

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i m sorry i am not able to find ur email id.

please provide .

Regards,

Javed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

If you have any documents for the same please send it to my email:SwarnaDeepika.Subramanian@cognizant.com

regards

SwarnaDeepika

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope that is works for you!!

if found useful please close the link.

Regards,

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

I have already gone thro those documents.

they only explain the SSO to internet sites but i require the one for logging in to my java application.

i have the following doubts---

1.can i use appintegrator in this situation?

2.if yes,then wat should i give as the system uri,login andpassword parameters?

Regards

SwarnaDeepika

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Swarna,

For this to work,

Firstly the system would have to be setup according to

weblog.

The weblog is "Integrating your Web Front-ends into the SAP Enterprise Portal using the Application Integrator" by Markus Pfeffer

Secondly, each user would have to set thier own user and password, for the system in consideration, in their personalization settings.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanx for the reply.

I performed the steps given in that blog,but it was not successful!

I gave the uri as /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/<project name>.<JSPDynPage class name>

is this right?

regards

SwarnaDeepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swarna

Can u send urls, how to connect ep to sap r/3 and jdbc, with step by step procedure

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

refer this thread---

/thread/142554 [original link is broken]

To avoid confusion start a separate thread so that u can get replies from everyone!

reagrds

SwarnaDeepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any updates?

regards

SwarnaDeepika

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Kindly try these steps..I have accumulated the points as per the discussions on mail.

Just try all these steps..

1) I hope you have created a J2EE application which has its own data source (i.e: tables in the Data Dictionary which has enteries for user and Password).

2) Create a HTTP system for usermapping.

3) After that perform all the steps as mentioned in the WebLog for the <b>App integrator</b>. (i.e: do the user mapping to the system by providing the User name and password.)

4) In the J2EE Application write the code that If that username which you got from the URL and the userName in your data source is same then show him the main page directly, else show him the Login Page.

5) Create a URL View in which you can put your application. Set the <b>admin,u</b>ser property from the User Management.

I hope all these will solve your problem!! Kinldy check this!!

Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pravesh,

Thanks a lott for summarizing all the steps

I can understand all the stpes except for the fourth one---my java code is such that if the username n password entered in the textbox matches with the usename/paswd combination that exists in the dictionary table ...a welcome message is shown...or else it displays 'login failed'!!!

i have no clue as to how will i get the userid n passwd from the URL!is there any weblog or documents based on this? can you provide me the same?

Regards

SwarnaDeepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, we do something like this. We have a java app and when the users sign into the portal, SSO authorizes them to the back end so that can use the program.

Is this what you are attempting?

Answers (0)