cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "direct" web service call possible using java mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to call a web service from a java mapping (or from a UDF) DIRECTLY, without using the SOAP Adapter (as explained in /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function)

Using the Developer Studio, when you create a Web Service Client, the NWDS will create some classes that act as a proxy to communicate with the web service. What I'm doing is uploading these classes (in a .jar file to the namespace of the java mapping) and using them for calling the web service.

But I'm getting some exceptions precisely when calling the remote method of the web service:

- javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Connection IO Exception --> when I've used SAP Netweaver as the web service runtime for creating the client classes in NWDS

- java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:43) --> when using AXIS for creating the client classes in NWDS

I'm wondering if there might be some restrictions in the java mapping for avoiding external connections without using adapters? I mean, maybe if I try to stablish an ftp connection from a java mapping using my own imported classes that might not be possible either?

Edited by: Jorge Lopez on Jun 26, 2009 1:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing, unresolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lopez,

Try Intializing the Data type elements You used in Java mapping to 0

I expect This might Solve the problem

Regards,

Sainath

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jorge

"By George !!! " you are quiet enterprising .

Regards

joel