Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Convert EAR to SDA & Deploy it to PI 7.1 for Custom Adapter Module

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to convert an EAR file created using NWDS 7.1 to SDA file and deploy it to PI 7.1

How can i do so.

Please help if possible! Thanks!

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

i was able to convert EAR to SDA using CECTL & nwcetool provided with NWDS 7.1 for which PDf file will be available at installed NWDS 7.1 location i.e Program Files\SAP\IDE\CE\eclipse\tools\nwcetool.

Using createSDA command to create SDA file.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mayank,

I quote from help.sap

"● Use the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and the SDM in the following cases:

○ If the source files of the application are available, you can import them into the relevant project types in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and then build the archive files. This scenario enables you to change the code of the application if necessary, as well as to build an application archive, which can be deployed using the SDM.

This graphic is explained in the accompanying text

You can convert the application using the Converter Tool to see what information you should include in the additional deployment descriptors. Then you can edit the generated descriptors in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.

○ If your applicationu2019s EAR file contains the descriptors required to deploy it with the SDM (sda-dd.xml), you can use the SDM to deploy it on the J2EE Engine 7.0. The EAR is automatically converted at deployment time.

This graphic is explained in the accompanying text

When the application is converted using the SDM, the newly generated descriptors are used during deployment only and are not stored in the file system. You cannot reuse the converted application later. Therefore, we recommend that you convert the application using the Converter Tool first, and then deploy it using the SDM.

● Using the Deploy Tool is more convenient in the following cases:

○ If only the EAR of the application is available and it does not contain the sda-dd.xml, use the Deploy Tool to convert and deploy the application on the J2EE Engine. Note that once the application EAR has been converted, it is no longer compatible with 6.20.

"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/2c/dd813e77d46245e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

joel