cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBDMIDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm running the program RBDMIDOC in order to genrate idocs from the costumer master (debmas).

I have seet up change pointers and every thing works, but the program takes forever to finish.

We only have apx. 25.000 customer in the table KNA1 but the program takes 10 hours to finish. Is this normal ???

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if it is normal, but just like to add one point that it is not just on the number of customers which matters even the distribution model set up in BD64 will have a impact. As for each logical destination the entire process of generating IDOCs from change pointers have to happen. But 10 Hours seems to be little too much :-). May be you can request your Basis team to share the SQL trace of this program. Also check if there is any custom user exits like ZXHALU01 program is implemented as even this would be called when BD21 is run.

Regards

Ranganath

Edited by: Ranganath K Ramesh on Jun 26, 2009 12:50 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We made an index on the table VBPA, which has solved the problem.

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain

The number of recors in BDCPS is only 3200. I'm using user exit EXIT_SAPLVV01_001 in order to add clasification data to the idoc. Maybe this is why the program takes 10 hours.

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This huge amount fo time is a bit worrying.

As you plan to distribute from change pointers.

From a standard perspective, the real question is related to the amount of master data changes since the change pointers has been activated.

You could have a look to the number of records table BDCPS contains related to DEBMAS and not yet processed.

eg: BDCPS-MESTYPE = DEBMAS AND BDCPS-PROCESS= ' '

If the number is really huge, you might have to think about resetting these changes and go for a full distribution using BD12 transaction.

BR

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Would a filter on my message type in the distribution model so fewer IDOCS will be create help?

I thougt that the program RBDMIDOC first identified idocs which should be created and the after that the distribution model could filer some of the idocs.

Best regards

Jesper Dueholm