Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

darcy_curtin
Explorer
0 Kudos

The best way to connect a SCADA system to SAP is generally via OPC. Most SCADA systems come with an OPC server and the main commercial providers of OPC servers have drivers that connect to the main commercial SCADA systems.

Once you have data being provided via OPC there are many, many different applications, such as:

SAP PM MODULE - PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE

SAP PM MODULE - PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE

SAP PP-PI MODULE - PRODUCTION PLANNING

SAP QM MODULE -INSPECTION READINGS IN ASSEMBLY AND TESTING

SAP IM MODULE - INVENTORY RECONCILIATION ON TANK FARMS

There is more information provided here: http://www.opc-to-sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishnu,

SCADA is generally used for online monitoring of substations,and so it is important while considering amr/ami integrations and smart grid integrations.

if you want to integrate SCADA with sap,you can use PM/PCS interface.

you must be aware of work management since you need to maintain substation components in it.

while integrating SCADA into SAP,SAP acts as a GUI screen for monitoring and control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

satisfied for time being

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCADA is an acronym that stands for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition. SCADA refers to a system that collects data from various sensors at a factory, plant or in other remote locations and then sends this data to a central computer which then manages and controls the data.

For more details look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Aashish Sinha has described SCADA.its good one. it is real time data collection form the automation system or any plants where there is need to catch the real time data we use SCADA. SCADA integration is usefull when there is continous data flow and we want real time data reports with sap system.

Regards

Laxmi Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thnx for the reply. now i got what is scada and purpose of scada, but now i need to know what PCS and Measurements interfaces and also the integration part.

thnx,

Vishnu