cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing OTR texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change some texts in a standard Web Dynpro.

I think the easiest way is to change them in the OTR, but after changing them they continue to appear as before. What do I have to do for the changes to appear?

I've noticed that when editing the texts I have to provide a country and an "Industry", and the only option I get for Industry is /0CUST/.

After saving the changes, in the OTR list I still get the old text, but if I select it and press the Contexts button,

I get a list that looks like this:

Ctry		Indust.		C		Text
				X		Original text
ES		/0CUST/				New text

What do I do for the Web Dynpro to show the new text?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer to this question turned up in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soledad,

the workaround described in SAP Note [1048263|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1048263] "OTR: (Translated) texts not correctly displayed at runtime" should be helpful in your case.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Andreas:

I don't have access to SAP notes. Anyway, since I had to provide an "Industry" in order to make the changes, I suspect I need to tell the Web Dynpro or the Web Dynpro Application somehow to choose that "Industry".

If I'm not wrong, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soledad,

you might try to reset the OTR buffer with /$OTR. Furthermore check that you have the newest support package in case of SAP_BASIS 700 (at least SP13).

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Andreas:

That doesn't solve the problem. Are you sure I don't need to configure the Web Dynpro Application so that it chooses the correct "Industry" /0CUST/?