Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Trace for multiple sessions of same user ID

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

If multiple users are logged in the same server with the single SAP UserId , how can we trace that which user executed what transcations?

Thanks ,

Anubhav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give them each their own account and you should be fine....

Does that solve your problem?

Cheers,

Julius

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that solve your problem?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Sorry but that dosen't solves the issue.

Is it at all possible to do what I asked in last post?

Thanks,

Anubhav

0 Kudos

I am sure it will solve the issue.

Otherwise, a similar problem presents itself when you have citrix terminal servers or other such front-ends which are not the client PC and you want the terminal name or IP address.

Are these users logging on direct to an ABAP system using SAPGui, or is it a special case and which one? There are some special logs for this which might be able to help you.

Please describe the front-end?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Are these users logging on direct to an ABAP system using SAPGui

Yes

Can you please elaborate on this.

Many thanks,

Anubhav

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Julius,

>

>

Are these users logging on direct to an ABAP system using SAPGui

> Yes

>

>

>

> Can you please elaborate on this.

>

I think Julius is asking you to create New user id (their own id) for all those users who are using sap with a common user id. Let Julius confirm if am correct.

Regards,

Dipanjan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to TCODE: USMM..

User Data Analysis -> User analysis -> click on the button "Multiple Logons"

This will give you the list if user ids which are used multiple concurrent logons.

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

In the tcode usmm i am not able to find the Tab / Button "User Data Analysis" .

Please guide.

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is for DDIC during upgrades, then use the Security Audit Log (transaction SM19) and the "terminal" field will tell you the workstation name, which in turn will help you find the "owner" of the PC and who was using it.

Otherwise yes, for Dialog type user ID's owned by humans it is best to give them each their own user ID to avoid these types of auditing problems, as well as password management problems...

Cheers,

Julius

ps: I think what Dipanjan is refering to in USMM is only available for certain license types.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you are in older release I presume. go to inside of "Measurement Statistics" .. there you will find the button "Multiple Logon" in the application toolbar.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also view the data in table USR41_MLD

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run AL08 and check the user ids and the corresponding Transaction field. In some cases you will find the transactions mentioned beside the same user id. Find out the requisite instance and login into the same via sm51. Please check and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

most of this is already said above. din't mean to plagarize...Just want to stress on what was aleready said.

the only way You can get the trace logs for multiple sessions of the same userID is SM20(ofcourse only if its already enabled thru sm19) since it gives the termianl number. and FYI.. any productive usage like this is againist the license agreement with SAP.

and AL08, USMM , etc will give the statistics of multiple logon's but not the trace.

Not sure how deeply SAP looks at the measurement data they recieve. but if this is happening productively probably you should consider what would be the implications when You send the USMM measurement analysis next time to SAP.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thansk a lot to everyone.