cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access logfiles throug the portal sp16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I access the log files ( default.trc) trought the portal. They used to be under System administrtion -> Support -> Portal Runtime-> log viewer.

Now there is nothing called Portal Runtime??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I can see the log files in the log viewer on the server, but is ther no way I can see them trough the portal (not from the server)? I do not have access to the server at the moment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the logfiles are in the Java Developer role (com.sap.pct.pdk.JavaDeveloper) in the portal. If you have this role, go to Java Development > Tools, and in the detailed navigation you will see the Portal LogViewer link.

Hope this helps,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingvild,

Ok. I see. In this case Log Viewer can be found there: System Administration -> Support -> SAP WebAS System Information -> SAP WebAS Log Viewer

Hope this helps,

Sergei

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for helping out

I found the log under System Administration -> Support -> SAP WebAS System Information -> SAP WebAS Log Viewer

I did not need the role: com.sap.pct.pdk.JavaDeveloper for this.

I searched for this role but that i not a role in my portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't see this link that you mention within SAP WebAS System Information. But I can access the application directly by replacing the /irj/portal/ inthe URL with irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.runtime.admin.logviewer.default.

You would need the security zones set right to accomodate this shortcut.

Anyone know why the Logviewer would not be available in System Administration -> Support ->SAP WebAS System Information ? I was once told that you need the PDK deployed to your Production Portal, and that this was not advisable

cheers,

Andy

Message was edited by:

Andrew Minshull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the server log files here:

usr\sap\<sid>\

..\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

Inside the log folder u'll find a couple of textpad files called "defaultTrace.X" where X is a number.See the file with largest X value in the group....which implies that is the latest one.

Regards,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingvild,

You can use Visual Administrator or go to directory containing traces.

Visual Administrator (VA) can be run by <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<SYSTEM_NUMBER>\j2ee\admin\go.bat

Login to VA and go to Server<n>->Services->Log Viewer. In Runtime tab un the tree expand Cluster -> Server -> <drive>:\usr\sap -> <SID>\JC<SYSTEM_NUMBER> -> j2ee\cluster\server<n> -> log

You can also open <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<SYSTEM_NUMBER>\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log folder in windows explorer or any other file manager and find defaultTrace.trc files there.

Regards,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingvild,

maybe this helps:

Regards, Karsten