cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing a project in QA...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SolMan project creates its own IMG (say Project A), but I have replaced this with an existing IMG (Project B) on the dev system.

Now I add a QA system in the SolMan landscape. How does one ensure that Project B would get synced on the QA system.

In fact, using SOLAR_PORJECT_ADMIN and then going to System Landscapes > IMG Projects, the IMGs shown under Development System and Quality Assurance System are different.

Development System shows Project B ( the replaced one from the dev system) and the Quality Assurance System shows Project A (the original IMG created by SolMan).

This seems to be a strange situation, but the IMG was already created on the dev and Sol Man introduced later into the landscape.

Any suggestions, ideas, comments are welcome ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have u aleardy transported Project B to Quality

If it is there assign or replace ur Project A by Project B taking quality role in dropdown

using SOLAR_PORJECT_ADMIN and then going to System Landscapes > IMG Projects

Hope it helps,

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar.. appreciate your quick response.

I had already transported Project B from dev to quality and had done the replacement in the same way that you have just suggested (replacing Project A by Proejct B in SolMan).

However, I am not sure if this arrangement will ensure that the dev and QA are always in sync. What has you experience been so far on this? Or point to any links on sdn, smp etc.?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There wont be any problem you can use the same without any prb

More important generate the view etc for proj B.

To be more safe u cn delete the proj A from QA by directly logging into it.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar ....

Why are views so important you say? Is it required to have at least one view?

Answers (0)