cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Application has expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a webdynpro application 'SalesOrderApplication' which calls a babi & displays result. This works fine when i call it from the webdynpro content admin. When i create a Sap Web dynpro Iview within portal and do preview the initial page shows up. If i do a search on this page it displays error saying

The Web Dynpro Application 'SalesOrderApplication' has expired. Please restart the application either with the refresh button or click the following link SalesOrderApplication.

The application status is showing "running" in the webdynpro content admin.

Thanks in Adv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Unni, maybe your pc name contains characters like underscore. In this case, try using the IP number. However, you should in this case change the PC name, because using IP number you haven't a Fully Qualified Domain Name.

Hope this helps.

Emanuel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unni,

The problem is not with application state (started or not). The problem is session tracking.

Seems that your portal and wd cannot share HTTP session cookie, probably due to cross-domain deployment: portal runs on one mashine, wd on other. This way cookies issued by portal are not visible to wd.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the response. The Web Dynpro application is deployed in the same portal app server.

Any thoughts on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the expiration time for your web dynpro application through NWDS. Double click the application to get the property window-> select the tab 'Application properties'->Click 'new'->select type 'pre-defined'->browse and select ExpirationTime-> mention time in the value in seconds, say 3600 (1 hr). Hope this helps.

srinivasan t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivasan,

Thanks for the response. I have already tried this out earlier and dint work. This works well in mozilla browser but not in IE. When i say "not in IE" it does not happen in all IE browser on windows XP.

Unni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other way to handle this is to set timing in EP iView property "Cache Validity Period" (Content Administration->Portal Content). The application would be available till that time.

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

We have the same issue. Have you resolved it?

Thanks

Mohammad Gufran