Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help restrict other values / ctrl +F1 / explanation not appearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 3 doubts:

1. I have a search help (may be from dictionary / search help / ovs) and user selects the data from it. But what should i do if i want user to enter only the values which appear in search help (check table functionality).

2. I have a i/p field, on which explanation is not appearing.I have given static text in its property -> explanation.

3. I read in a document that by pressing ctrl + f1 help and technical help would appear but its not appearing ...what should i do?

Regards

Sajid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my reply inline to your questions

1. I have a search help (may be from dictionary / search help / ovs) and user selects the data from it. But what should i do if i want user to enter only the values which appear in search help (check table functionality).

ANS: Adding to the above, add your input validation logic not only on ONENTER event and also on the other button(where you take all the inputs and do some action). This is because, after selecting from value help, user might not click ENTER

2. I have a i/p field, on which explanation is not appearing.I have given static text in its property -> explanation.

ANS: Explanation is a kind of representing more info(short text) to the user regarding INPUT FIELD. To view explanation, right click on your WD application page and click on SHOW QUICK HELP. Now all the input fields in the screen with EXPLANATION will be underlined with GREEN line and explanation is shown if you move the cursor over it. To disable, again right click and select the option HIDE QUICK HELP.

3. I read in a document that by pressing ctrl + f1 help and technical help would appear but its not appearing ...what should i do?

ANS: I think this might be related to F1 help, if you do F1 on any WD input field, a help center pop up will appear where you can give more referance links(usually documentation) related to that.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Manne.

Edited by: Raja Sekhar Manne on Jul 7, 2009 10:19 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>ANS: Adding to the above, add your input validation logic not only on ONENTER event and also on the other button(where you take all the inputs and do some action). This is because, after selecting from value help, user might not click ENTER

Just a little FYI on future functionality: In NetWeaver EnhP2 (7.02) we changed the rendering so that if you have an onEnter event registered for an input field, the event does get trigged automatically when a value is selected from the ValueHelp or the SuggestValues.

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur answers.....

But still there is problem.

1. I have given on enter condition checking and then i have given some value in the i/p field and then instead of pressing Enter i clicked on a button and the value in the i/p field got vanished.So i suppose after entering values in any i/p field we have to press enter to make that value to remain in the i/ p field. Am i correct?

2. Solved

3. still when i select control + F1, the help and technical information dont appear....So do i have to write some function module in my code to display help when i press ctl +f1.

Regards

Sajid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I have given on enter condition checking and then i have given some value in the i/p field and then instead of pressing 
Enter i clicked on a button and the value in the i/p field got vanished.So i suppose after entering values in any i/p field we 
have to press enter to make that value to remain in the i/ p field. Am i correct?

ANS: Firstly, after selecting value from a value help pop up, the value shall appear in the input field, no extra enter is required for that. If you see the thomas reply above, from 7.02, enter event gets triggered automatically with value selection.

3. still when i select control + F1, the help and technical information dont appear....So do i have to write some 
function module in my code to display help when i press ctl +f1.

ANS: I am not exactly sure about this CNTL+F1, but when i tried there is an help pop up coming for just F1 but not for CNTL + F1

Regards,

Manne.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So i suppose after entering values in any i/p field we have to press enter to make that value to remain

Absolutely not. Something is defintely not right with this application.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sajid,

here are my answers for your questions .

ANS : you have explicitly write a method to perform this check and then onEnter event of the input field call this method and display the message . There is no implicit checking done by webdynpro frame work until you have fixed value in domain .

Webdynpro framework perforn some simple validations for Date , time , Interger value ...etc.

Ans ; You need to have a label for input field to provide the explanation . create a label for input field

Sorry , I dont have any idea about your third question .

Regards

Vivek