Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting few FI T-codes based on company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to restrict some FI transactions based on the Company code by giving relevant values for Organization levels. However I could not restrict the following three T-codes:

FBV3 Display

F.81 Reverse Accrual/Deferral Document

S_ALR_87012342 Gaps in Document Number Assignment

Pls suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Either user user exit as mentioned in SAP note mentioned in other thread.

Or

2. Impose the restriction via su24 transaction to include the authorization object F_BKPF_BUK against the T-code. Ensure to add the transaction again to the role to make object effective after adding in su24.

After doing the change in su24 it will generate a Transport for WorkBench. Please add and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) FBV3 u will find document list on left hand side top corner->

u will find many options for restrictions.

2)F.81 Reverse Accrual/Deferral Document -> option to include or exclude any feild by using the arrow mark behind every feild.

3)S_ALR_87012342 Gaps in Document Number Assignment -option to include or exclude any feild by using the arrow mark behind every feild.

I assume that you want to includeor exclude compnay code ... this can be done by this

regards

Shitika

0 Kudos

Hi Shitika,

Excuse me...I haven't explained my issue in a relevant manner. I am a Basis consultant and I got a requirement from FI consultant that I need to restrict users accessing the above mentioned FI T-codes based on company code(so that they cannot access data of other company codes). Here we have multiple company codes in a single client.

By restricting the values in Organization levels, I could restrict many of the FI tcodes except few of them. I have checked at Authorization object level for these T-codes, but still it was not working.

Thanks

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the following objects to impose comp. code restriction:

F.81 F_BKPF_BUK BUKRS

FBV3 F_BKPF_BUK BUKRS

Regards,

Dipanjan

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Either user user exit as mentioned in SAP note mentioned in other thread.

Or

2. Impose the restriction via su24 transaction to include the authorization object F_BKPF_BUK against the T-code. Ensure to add the transaction again to the role to make object effective after adding in su24.

After doing the change in su24 it will generate a Transport for WorkBench. Please add and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

> 2. Impose the restriction via su24 transaction to include the authorization object F_BKPF_BUK against the T-code.

That only works on SAP's own development systems, which is why the system always (hopefully) checks the correct authority for the context.

In systems of transport/type CUSTOMER it only needs to be in the code. Your only option is turning off the check.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I have referred the issue to functional people to perform User Exit/User Validation. Thanks for your guidance.

However would like to know if there is any other option left for the issue apart from User Exit/Validation.

Also, I did not get what you were saying regarding addtion of object to transaction code. Can you pls explain.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Basically, if the check is not in the code somewhere at the correct location and reacted to, then it is not going to go anywhere...

In addition to your functional folks and depending on which release you are on, you could also try an enhancement point. These are much better than user exits in many respects - so ask the development folks as well.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

I think you do not want to allow to see the some FI user these Tcodes data for specific companies.

I think you have assigned more then one role to user and mentined 3 Tcodes are coming from multiple roles and the user buffer is having multiple entry for the . If this is the case please keep these Tcodes in one role only and restrict the user only in F_BKPF_BUK BUKRS.

If only one role is assigned to you then assigned the required company codes at Orgranisation Level only and it will populated at Authorisation Object F_BKPF_BUK BUKRS for company codes.

I would advise you not to modify the SAP standard object in SU24 because it can distrub the Standard Auth. Object.

Hope this will help.

Lokendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried assigning these 3 tcodes to separate role, but still could not restrict dispaly based on company code.

The option left, as suggested is User Validation.