cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Solution manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Solution Manager's Data disk crashed. Now I have replaced HDD and want to reinstall SM with same SID and DBSID. But it show error with it.

Once I have started with change SID and DBSID its stucking at ports, which are being used by older one SID/DBSID.

Now I want uninstall my old Solution Manager, while Database is already lost due to HDD crash. I am facing problem due to system configuration/software setting/registry on C: drive.

I don't want to format complete system.

Please let me know how uninstall old Solution Manager. I also want to use same SID/key/Lic on same machine.

Regards

Dharmendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have renstalled with same key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to Remove SAP from Windows follow below steps:

1) remove entries of sapms<SID> and other <SID> related entries from services file located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

2)Deregister services related SAP from registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

3) remove environmental variable related to SID from System Properties.

4)restart system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked in the services any SAP services still exists ? if so then delete it manually from registry

start-->run -->regedit search for your old SID and delete those entries

Regards

Uday

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will go to the SAP manual for solution manager installation then there is a topic to uninstall SAP system manually, please try that because there thay have mentioned to edit file sapservices in /usr/sap and it contains system information. so delete that...

Also edit file /etc/hosts and delete this system entry...

Hope it will work..

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Installed drive is already crashed. Where were profiles, executables and database.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is /etc/hosts was existing on same host ? because it also contains ports of the system ?

Thanks

Sunny