cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Email form 4.6C to MSexchange 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please let me know how to send SAP email from 4.6C to MS exchange 2003 when sapconnect is not supported with MSexchange2003? Any third party software we could use to deliver email from SAP4.6C to MS exchange 2003

Thanks

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I am also facing the same problem like you. Let me know did you find the solutionof how to send email (attachment) from 4.6c,

as this query was posted long ago. I assume you could overcome the issue.

Please reply,

Thanks,

Vengal Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Yes we need to use a SMTP relay tool called sendmail as 4.6C does not support SMTP and you need to use Internet mail Gateway to configure mails from SAP.

steps are as follows:

Steps to perform at SAP level

Step 1: Download Mail related patches from SAP

Download Internet Mail Gateway patches from SAP Market place. These programs create the emails from SAP; they do not send the emails.

To send emails, we have used another tool called Sendmail.exe

Step 2: Create & configure RFC connection

Transaction SM59 u2013 Setup an RFC Destination for the execution of the email transfer

Give the path of the Program executable - mlunxsnd.exe & Save

Test the RFC connection. It will work if the path is correctly defined & has the appropriate patch level.

Step 3: Setup the Node for queuing the emails before transfer to Exchange Server

T-code: SCOT

New Device type needs to be imported for this. The default Postscript is not a success.

To create PDF type formats in SAP in 4.6C, we need to add a new Device type ZPDF1. More details on SAP note: 317851.

Step 4:

After this step, we can see new entry in SCOT

Step 5: Setting up Confirmation receipt

Step 6: Setup a job to execute the send process on the queue

Menu-> View -> Jobs -> Create

Schedule job to run periodically depending on the requirement

Step 7: Maintain Useru2019s E-mail address.

If you are sending a message from 000, you need to change in your mail address in 000. This address should be part of the Companyu2019s Exchange Server. In this case, part of MAG.

T-code: SU01

Steps to perform on SAP Operating System

Step 1: Maintain a folder for SAP programs downloaded from Service Market Place.

J:\sendmail

a. Take a Backup of run folder.

b. Following are three programs for this. If they are not already present in run folder, you need to put it.

c. Before downloading these files, it must be properly downloaded for the existing SAP & Kernel versions.

mlsomadm.exe

mlsomail.exe

mlunxsnd.exe

Step 2: Creating & configuring mlunxsnd.exe

This mailgw.ini needs to put in run(J:\usr\sap\PM1\sys\exe\run) folder after complete changes.

Notes:

Configuration of mailgw.ini

If value is not entered, then value in brackets is taken.

Parameters for Inbound mail (uses program mlsomail)

System Name: SAP system ID

Client[000]: Client

Username[MAILADM]:

Password[]:

Hostname[]:Hostname where SAP system resides

System Number[00]: System number of SAP system

Gateway Hostname[]:Hostname where Gateway server resides

Gateway Service[]: Gateway service name

Trace file<Inbound>: Trace file for Inbound files

Parameters for Outbound mail (uses program mlsomadm)

Sendmail command: Either a fixed command or a .bat file. In our case we have used .bat file.

Trace level: higher the value, more detailed log is generated. For test case, we use level 2, else 0 can be used.

Save & place it in run folder.

Restart the SAP after doing the following changes.

Result: SAP should trigger emails to external addresses if sent. Email from SAP to internet address is configured.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

I have our DB server in AS/400 server and application servers in Windows 2003 with SAP R/3 4.6C

I am configure the MLUNXSND in one APP server, but i dont know how this program connect the MLUNXSND program to Exchange server (our exchange server is 2007).

I following your steps and hte RFC text connection run OK, but when i run in SCOT transaction the external software test connect this fail.

help me in this issue.

Regards,

Regards,

Ernesto Castro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

can you look at this

[http://www.erpgenie.com/faq/exchange.htm]

Regards,

Muralidhar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found this Article, it might be useful,

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Email_from_SAP_-_4.6C_using_MS_Exchange_2003

Regards

Juan