cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apportioning / splitting of Source of supply in MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which during MRP run (in ECC 5.0) against certain materials, we need to be able to source from stock (local warehouse) whatever is available and the remaining to be procured from our vendor. I know if we set the special procurement indicator in the material master, the parts will be replenished thro' STO from local warehouse (storage location) always, if the stock is below ROP. But I would like to split the source from warehouse for the available stock and the remaining from vendor. I am not sure if there is any way of doing this? I would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try a Quota Arrangement for this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tracey,

Could you please explain in detail how this can be done with quota as I have read in documentation and found the following.

'The existence of a quota arrangement does not involve the apportioning (among different sources) of an individual material requirement (that is the quantity set out in an individual purchase requisition). The entire requested quantity in a requisition is assigned to one source under the quota arrangement. '

My requirement is the MRP should split the source as local storage location by creating Stock transport requisition for available stock and the remaining from vendor as normal PR.

Please give your comments.

Regards,

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

The entire requested quantity in a requisition is assigned to one source under the quota arrangement ONLY if you already have a PR.

in your case, after the MRP run, based on your SPK & th equota arrangement, you should get the derised output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Sorry I am not clear what you mean by SPK. I would appreciate if you could explain in detail how my requirement will be satisfied.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

After the MRP run, based on the plant your SPK (special procurement key) is pointing to , the first consupmtion should be from the available stock there & then the quota arrangement kicks in for external procurement and you should get the output you desire.