cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWB_2 - Setting test plan status back to "new" from "in progress"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

how can test plan status be changed from "in process" to "new"?

When I enter the tx STWB_2, and select a test plan, and then choose "attributes", and in new window select the "change" option, the status is still grayed, and not changeable.

I found

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/20/e274ce60f247f89786538ba9b318c8/content.htm

saying:

"You can select a release status schema in the test plan attributes as long as the test plan has the status New. The initial release

status value is NEW."

Now, I am on vacation and my coleagues tried to change a few test transactions in test plan, and they don't know to explain what they did. When they called me, I connected to SM and I changed the test transactions in SOLAR01, and when I tried to regenerate a test plan in STWB_2, all the tree is grayed and not modifiable...

I found just this one more help page explaining the Default release status schemas:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/5a/b1cae0f3944d5dba6cc2b4c1a25441/content.htm

but no info on how to change the status back to "new" in order to change the test plan content...

Thanks in advance for eventual help.

Best regards,

Nenad

p.s. - SolMan 7.0 SP15 is used...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

back from the vacation (and all the rain there could possible be in 7 days)...

Ok, no answer, so can anyone at least suggest where to start searching for "Default release status schemas" - in the mentioned pages there is a line:

"You can use one of the following release status schemas by default:

Default release status schemas (DEFAULT)"

and underneath one can see the "Status numbers" are defined (10, 20, 30,...........90), but no clue how to use them, or any info where to use them... Apart from defining the new ones - but how to change between the defined ones?

Also, it is said:

"You can define your own release status values according to your own requirements. You can define your release status schemas and use the release status values of your status schema. For more information, see the SAP Solution Manager IMG under Configuration Scenario-Specific Settings ."

Of course, I found no useful info in IMG. At least - I was not able to find it.

A little suggestion would be high appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad,

The Release schema for Testing can be set at

SPRO--> SAP Solution Manager --> Configuration --> Scenario-Specific Settings --> Implementation --> Testing --> Central Settings for Testing --> Release Status Schema

Also the status can be changed to new by the tester from STWB_WORK.

Thanks,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

I am not able to follow your guide, as no such activity "Release Status Schema" exists in mentioned path.

Moreover - I tried to search the whole IMG for defined activity, with no luck.

On top of it all - I tried to search for word combination of the activity, and many activities are found but not a one useful.

I tried to search "implementation" and sub tree for similar activity with no luck.

I am using SM 7.0 SP15, and I have sap_all and sap_new auth.

Regarding "status can be changed to new by the tester from STWB_WORK." - can you be more precise on the method - as I created a test user, logged on as him, and searched for menu option to change the status back to "New"

Yes, I can change a status for a testing transaction between "TEST_OK", "ALMOST_OK", "TEST_ERROR", "NOT_TESTED", "TESTING", but not the test plan status from "in progress" to "new" - and, if I may add - it is a little odd for a tester to be able to change a test plan status...

Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Nenad