cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction runs 3 times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, MII V12.0

I have a transaction and an Xacute query with an iGrid template for an applet.

There is a write file action at the top to log the input param values for debugging.

The funny thing is that there are three log file entries every time I execute the applet.

There is only one entry when I test the iGrid from the workbench.

What could be going on?

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

As Jeremy mentions, I would define the columns that the query returns in the applet, if I remember right it is the displaycolumns parameter. Then you could try and set tracer parameter true in the applet. This enables you to look in the java console and se exactly what happens, if infact it is your applet triggering it more than once or if the error is somewhere else.

BR

Poul.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have an "Initial Update" true for the grid?

Now this would explain 2 log files (one when the page loads and the other when you actually refresh the grid) but still 3 is an odd number (it actually is an odd number ).

See if this is the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

I don't understand. If I leave the "Initial Update" off the applet, which defaults to true,

my transaction will run twice? And, if I set "Initial Update" to false, the transaction doesn't run at all.

I want it to only run once. Hmmm. So, I have to set it to false and do a javascript update to only

run once?

This is the applet call

<APPLET NAME="dispatchOperList" CODEBASE="/XMII/Classes" CODE="iGrid" 
ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" WIDTH="850" HEIGHT="400" MAYSCRIPT>
<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="APEX/Queries/EX/dispatchOperListQuery">
<PARAM NAME="DisplayTemplate" VALUE="APEX/Templates/Test/dispatchOperListTemplate">
<PARAM NAME="Param.1" VALUE = "{plantNumber}" >
<PARAM NAME="Param.2" VALUE= "{workCenter}" >
</APPLET>

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be sure to assign displaycolumns, as Jeremy and Poul suggest. Otherwise, the iGrid does the query once to determine the "structure" and once to obtain the actual data. I thought that was changed a few releases ago (even in 11.5), but it must have found its way back into 12.X.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably I understood it wrong then.

I assumed that you were doing a javascript update as well.

Sorry about that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rick,

So, this is what the manual says about DisplayColumns -- String list -- Descriptive name for the column --- Huh?

I am assuming that it is a comma delimited list of column names from the layout tab of the iGrid design.

<PARAM NAME="DISPLAYCOLUMNS" VALUE = "PRODUCTION_ORDER,OPERATION_NUMBER,SCHEDULED_START_DATE" >

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I must be comma separated and needs to be the exact name as the query returns.

If in doubt about the format, make a fixed query based on a table or view and save it. Find the file on the disk or export it if using MII 12.0. Then open the query as this is an XML file and in here you can se an example of it.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, The DisplayColumns parameter works fine and cuts the three runs of the transaction down to one.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you map column names into the iGrid template?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Check the number of javaws.exe that are running. It sounds like you have two extra instances.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had this problem of multiple java instances with 11.5 but I didn't realize this was possible with 12.x ; I thought that netweaver could allow multiple instances of java, allowing you to get past the 1.5 GB java cap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, some of the columns from the transaction are mapped in the iGrid, not all of them though. I only want to see a subset in this applet.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When I look at the Task Manager on the netweaver windows server I don't see ANY javaws.exe

processes. (I did check the "jobs for all users" box).

How can I tell if multiple instances are running? And this is multiple instances of what component?

--Amy Smith

--Haworth