cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem SMTP sending mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am traing of configurating of SMTP in my Sap system but I am confusing in the configuration . The domine es lineonline-mail.com

I have created once user in backend:

user: usermail

address: usermail<at>lineonline-mail.com

So In the configuration un this field MAIL HOST I put the ip number of mail server Is it correct?

because I did the test wiht parameter:

Sender: dsanchez

RecipientAddr.typ: INT

Recipient addr.: usermail<at>lineonline-mail.com

y I don`t have anything answers

Any suggestion ??

Thanks

Danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

please check weather RSCONN01 program is scheduled or not , if not make it schedule to run in duration as per need .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at this

[http://www.tamboly.com/SAPEmailConfiguration.html]

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out

[http://www.erphome.net/wdb/upload/forum1_f_4357_1102409717.doc]

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Juan

I am following the same guide:

1.- the parameters are in my system UNIX:

rdisp/start_icman = true

is/SMTP/virt_host_0 *:25000;

icm/HTTP/j2ee_0 PREFIX=/,HOST=localhost,CONN=0-500,PORT=5$$00

icm/server_port_1 PROT=SMTP,PORT=25000,TIMEOUT=6000

icm/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=80$$,TIMEOUT=6000, PROCTIMEOUT=600

ms/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=81$$

2.- SMTPUSER with profile S_A.SCON

3n SICF SMTP host is activate with respectible information

4.- Default name: lineonline.com

5.- But in this part I dont know what is information?

"

iv. In the Mail Host and Mail Port fields, specify the mail server to which the outbound mails are to be sent."

and port = 25

Could you help me please?

thanks

ds

Edited by: Danny Sanchez on Jun 25, 2009 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have one SMTP server in your company where SAP will send mails and that SMTP server than do rest task

So You have to enter SMTP host name there and port on which your SMTP server accept the requests (Normally this is 25).

With Regards,

Saurabh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

5.- But in this part I dont know what is information?

"

iv. In the Mail Host and Mail Port fields, specify the mail server to which the outbound mails are to be sent."

and port = 25

Could you help me please?

Basically you need an SMTP server to send mails, You need to add the SMTP Server Host or IP Address and the port wich is usually 25.

Do you have a SMTP Server?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All for help me.

Yes I have a mail server and this SMTP services is working now but I found a problem I sent the mail to 18:36 pm local hour and this mail came to 2:38 am, however I had scheduled the stmp job each 2 min and i don-t have what is the problem ??

any suggestion???

thanks a lot

danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with the security settings at the mail server end. I think it should be blocking it thinking it as SPAM.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

The mail sending services is working now, and this only sends mails to address for example userAdmin_at_hotmail.com, the point is that I need to send mails to users with mails address diferents of domian of enterprise.

Thanks a lot for your answers

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos
The mail sending services is working now, and this only sends mails to address for example userAdmin_at_hotmail.com, the point is that I need to send mails to users with mails address diferents of domian of enterprise.

It they are delivered to @hotmail.com, you can try with other domain and it should work. Check at mail server too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers

I this moment the mail services is working fine. I discovered that the user should have the email address in dominan company, whe they had other direccition the sending to others not working

I hope thath these help you

Thanks & regards

Danny