cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a query on syndication. If I import my records from a source system say A, would these records (new/chnages) would be syndicated back to A?

In my syndicator I have set my Output Remote System as A. Please do let me know

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave It all depends on the your scenario, to answer your question it is possible to syndicate the data back to the source system.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

It is definitely valid to send the records that come from one source system back to the same source system.

But syndicating the recrods back to the source system will not be automatic by default.

To make it automatic you will have to first configure auto syndication. then the file would be automatically placed in the outbound port of the remote system.Then depending on what kind of system, System A (from which the data is comming) is you will have to post a idoc from XI or build appropriate scenario to pick the file from the outbound port of MDM.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

So to summarise, there is no standard way to stop these changes going ahead. Reason I ask this question is we don't want changes which have come from System A to be passed back to System A, though they would need to be passed to System B. This might end up in an infinite loop - what can be done to prevent this? Any standard methodologies?

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

I had a query on syndication. If I import my records from a source system say A, would these records (new/chnages) would be syndicated back to A?

In my syndicator I have set my Output Remote System as A. Please do let me know

Yes thats possible as your source and target systems can be defined as anything. There is no constraint on this.

If suppose you have only a single source system say A as in your case, then you can simply

1) Create a Remote system A of Type Inbound/Outbound.

2) Create 2 ports for Inbound and Outbound (Port A) respectively.

3) Create a map in syndicator

4) Mention the Remote system A and the Outbound map in the Outbound port (Port A) you have already defined.

This will ensure that the outbound files are exported to Remote Systems A using the Outbound map which you have configured.

Hope it helps,

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dev, thats possible. We can have system A as both source and target remote systems. In many cases we use MDM for consolidation and harmonization for the same systems.

regards

Ravi