cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. ORB501 for copying settlement rule CJB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying for automatic generation of settlement rule, for which I have defined strategy for lower level WBS element as account ass. "copy rule from superior object" and the same strategy I have assigned it to Project Profile.For billing WBS element I am maintained settlement rule manually. Now when I am using CJB2 transaction code, it is giving me the message no. ORB501, which states:

Object not processed because of errors

Message no. ORB501

Diagnosis

Errors have occurred during processing of the current object. For details, see the messages for this object.

System Response

Processing of this object stopped.

Procedure

Correct the errors and start processing again.

Can anyone please suggest, if I have missed out something.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the subordinate WBS already carries Settlement Rule?

Refer to Note 719637 - CJB2: ORB501 for copying settlement rule

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Edited by: sudhirreddy on Jun 25, 2009 3:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The subordinate WBS element is not having any settlement rule, as I had checked that note number 719637 earlier itself and its correction program, which states about deletion of the value maintained.

The only Billing WBS element is having the settlement rule which I have maintained manually.

Can you please suggest anything which I have missed out.

Thanks & Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the settlement profiles define for project profile and the strategy? are they same?

In the strategy have you mentioned the settlement profile as well for the account assignment check?

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have maintained the same strategy at the profile and the same is reflected at the settlement parameter of the settlement rule.

Thanks & Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the settlement rule at the project definition level. You are trying to copy the settlement rule from the superior object and your superior object is project definition here.

Maintain a rule there and execute the transaction, it should copy over whatever rule maintained.

Copy rule from superior object- means the rule on superior WBS will be copied into all lower level WBS.

WBS1- Settlement rule to CTR 1 - 100% PER

Assume you have this strategy Copy rule from superior object

To generate settlement rules now on below WBS's, you execute CJB2

WBS 1.1

WBS 1.1.1

WBS 1.1.2

On executing the, WBS 1.1 will copy the rule of WBS 1 i.e., settlement rule to CTR1-100% PER

WBS 1.1.1 will copy the rule of WBS 1.1 i.e., settlement rule to CTR1-100% PER

WBS 1.1.2 will copy the rule of WBS 1.1.1 i.e., settlement rule to CTR1-100% PER

This is the way this copy rule works and not the other way as you assumed. Result would be same, everything settles to CTR.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Sudhir,

Thanks for the details.

Till now I had been maintaining is : my second level WBS element is Billing element to it I am maintaining the settlement rule manually. Below to it has a hierarchy up to 6 levels, now in the strategy I have maintained is for account assigned objects copy the rule from superior object which in my case is the 2nd level billing element which I am going to settle. The same strategy I have maintained at the project profile level.

I feel it is the same as you have explained, correct me if I am wrong please.

But now when I execute the CJB2, system gives an error message no rule copied with message no.ORB501.

Kindly suggest if I am missing something.

Thanks & Regards

Avisek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to maintain the settlement rule in the project definition.

This is bcz when you execute the transaction CJB2 system will check the rule of superior object, the entry in the transaction is Project def. if am not wrong.

Incase if you are entering the settlement rule manually for second level wbs and running auto settlement rule for rest of the WBS follow the steps below for CJB2:

1) Enter second level WBS not project def.

2) check the entry Hierarchy

3) period and year and execute the transaction

check the results now:

incase if you are giving input as project def in CJB2 w/o WBS then u need to maintian the settlement rule for Project definition.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This time even I tried with maintain settlement rule manually at project definition level and then defining for all the line items in strategy with copy rule from superior object. This time its the similar kind of error message settlement rule already maintained, settlement rule cannot be copied, message number KD050 and ORB501.

Thanks for the input, but still the same error exist, kindly advise if I am missing something else.

Thanks & Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please send of the configuration what u have done for settlement profile, strategy, strategy assignment in project profile etc, so that i can have a look..

Rgds

Sudhir reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel in my case I will have to use BDC to upload settlement rule for all subordinate WBS element. As I can't default any receiver in strategy for my Superior WBS element (WBS element where I am maintaining settlement rule manually).

Thanks for the cooperation.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In this case, we can apply a note 211324, to have a settlement rule created for the hierarchy through CJB2 along with appropriate configuration at settlement strategy for WBS, like for lower level WBS element to be settled to higher level WBS element and top level WBS element settling to any reciever like GL or cost center or FXA.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj