cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Sales - Automatic Purchase Order Creation- via SO event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

We have a requirement to have automatic PO Creation for Third Party Sales Process.

To achieve it what I have done is

a) I have created an event linking using transaction SWETYPV:

Object = BUS2032, Event = ALECREATED and ALECHANGED ,

Funtion module = PUR_ORDER_CREATE_VIA_SD_EVENT.

Also I have modified the Sales Organization data to pass Purchasing Organization, Purchase Order type and Purchasing group . Its working fine . Its creating purchase order automatically.

My question here is , I'm I doing the wright method for automatic PO creation as soon as a sales order is created.

I beleive this will call for PO creation for all Sales order not only restricted to third party sales . Will it affect performance of the system or will it ignore since there is no purchase requisition.

Please advise on the pros and cons of this process

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use a fairly standard Third Party process. We use the Item Category to drive the Schedule Line Category, which is flagged as Third-Party. On the Material Master (Purchasing view), the Material is flagged for Automatic PO, same on the Vendor Master. Workflow automatically kicks in on SO save to trigger the creation of the PO for the Purchase Req.

Unfortunately, Workflow is a bit of a dark art to me, so I couldn't tell you what we have in place. My feeling is that it is bog standard though.

Cheers, Paul.

Edited by: Paul Read on Jun 29, 2009 9:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul ,

Can you check on transaction SWETYPV to see whether BUS2032 is activated n ALE CREATE and CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

Yes they are. Both appear to be active and linked to FM PUR_ORDER_CHANGE_VIA_SD_EVENT.

Cheers, Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use your event for creation of the sales order number then you may need to write in the MV45afzz in form SAVE document

here you can define a condition for a particular order then generate a event for the same and Use that event in the Work flow for Creating the PO

Thanks & Regards

Virandra Sharda

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is since this purchase order creation is tied to BUS2032 , it will call for all sales orders irrespective of third party sales . In that case, what will happen, will it get completely executed or just first few lines, then its gets exit becuase there is no purchase requisition or relevant data .

I'm not able to debug it also.

Tom