SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of sales act. and Funds Management_example on KB11N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I want to hear your opinion about this:

1. On ECC 6, i work with func_area on CO (cost of sales activate) and Not activate the func_area on Funds Management.

2. Based on point 1, how is your controlling transaction work to assigned value? Reposting that assigned budget, is it working as real integration? The controlling transaction update to FM not conflict with func_area from cost centre master data?

I face the condition such as KB11N, func_area derived from cost centre master data and posting as combination fctr/commitment item/func_area on table BPJA. The budgeting under combination fctr/commitment item. That is the reason why the posting KB11N not update correctly on tcode FR05. The report and FR05 will be differrent.

On my experience based 4.7. No issue about func_area between CO and FM on controlling transaction. It works as expected.

I'm awful about this, in fact the going live will be tommorow. I will try another user exit, however i need some suggestion.

Best regards,

Dewi

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, read note 625262 - you might find the information there.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Opposite things hapen to us.

The company already use func_area in Controlling. Funds Management then activated without func_area. For controlling transaction update on FM, func_area derive the same as controlling transaction.

In order update in FM correctly, func_area should be blank. It is helped by derivation rule to make func_area blank. Solving in FM, create new problem on Controlling.

The notes contain how to avoid blank. I need how when co transaction posting, func_area exist but no update on FM.

Have suggestion?

Dewi

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under BCS there would be no problem in FM, even if the functional area is filled with some value. I understand, that you work with former budgeting... Which problem does it pose for controlling if in FM you overwrite the FA value with blank?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

It is mean if you doing controlling transaction, even the functional area derived, it is also update to FM tabel without functional area. SAP said to me which is for controlling transaction, it is impossible if funds management and cost of sales working together.

The co document post as FM doc. also, however not post as assigned value, because the it is post as combination fctr/commitment item/functional area. The opposite our budget based on combination fctr/commitment item.

If financial/logistic transaction, it work as expected. Only for controlling transaction.

Regards,

Dewi