cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine version of ECL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts!

Problem: We are experiencing problems opening Adobe pdf files using Adobe v9 in both SAPGUI 640 and 710. The suggested "fix" of pointing the .pdf document extension to an earlier version of Adobe works under both SAPGUI scenarios. We're aware that SAP is working to fix the problem with ECL v6.

Question: How do I determine which version of ECL is running on my machine? We're having the known-problem with Adobe 9 pdf files, however our environment is very mixed between versions of SAPGUI (640 and 710) for various users.

Given that SAPGUI 7.10 has ECL 6 embedded, we know the Adobe 9 problem is as-yet unresolved by the DMS folks at SAP. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken on that point!!!

Richard Gillespie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please re-cheak the Following,

1. Solution would be to change the customizing in transaction DC30 to display the image in fullscreen mode.

2.In DC30 please maintain the following path for application type "1" (display): PDF %SAP-CONTROL% %MAXSIZE%. Afterwards the original will be displayed in fullsize mode always and so the control is passed correctly.

Note: This is very imp check work station Configuration full for PDF.

3.At the moment you can download the latest ECL Viewer 6 from the SAP Service Marketplace as explained in note 1055006.

4.Before you install this ECL Viewer version please get sure that there is not implemented a former version in your system already.

5.Therefore I would like to ask you, to uninstall your former ECL Viewer before you installed Version 6? 6.To check if the ECL Viewer is un-installed please search for WebViewer2d.dll file.

7.If it is present then it means ECL Viewer is still installed on your PC.

Generally there are two possibilities to un-install the ECL Viewer:

- Uninstall the version integrated with SAP GUI by using SAP Installation scripts. You need to uncheck the 'EAI Viewer' component in 'General Add-on' option.

- Check add/remove program and if there is an entry like SAP Viewer and uninstall it.

After this search again, and you should not get WebViewer2d.dll file on machine. Now reinstall the latest Viewer and test the behavior again.

Benakaraja

??

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question, how I can know the version installed in SAP?.

Thansk

Adrian.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

since ECL Viewer 6 Patch 3 or 4 you can determine the version when you display an original file in the viewer. Then you can go to menu 'Viewer' and select 'Copyright'. On the following pop-up you can see the version and patch level in the header line.

Another possibility would be to search for file 'WebViewer2D.dll' and then check the version in its properties.

Best regards,

Christoph