Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish services from ESR to service registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first thanks for reading my question

I have a SAP test environment with a ESR. This ESR holds a lot of enterprise services (SAP's not custom programmed). I want to publish them from the ESR into the service directory to make them available for consumption in the NetWeaver developer studio?

Can anyone help me? I still searched sdn but I was not lucky.

thank you

felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto windows>preferences>Web services-->Enterprise Service Browser

and give the corresponding details with respect to your server.

then login to ESB(Enterprise Service Builder),there you find all the services that are available to consume.

now goto CAF perspective and create a project in Development Infrastructure-->development component click on NEXT,

select Composite Application under SAP.COM root and give a name to your project.

you find External and Modeled under your project in CAF perspective.

right click on the external and import-->import the web service.

there you find 3 options and among them select ESR and select the corresponding Service and add and develop the application..

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but I think we misunderstood each other.

I did not want to import a service for consuming for a composite application.

My Problem is as follows:

I have several services in the ESR which I can browse with the Enterprise Service Browser of the NWDS.

But if I browse my Service Registry (e.g., with the Service Registry Web Frontend) I do not any service.

How can I make the services in the ESR available to the Service Registry?

Thanks a lot

Edited by: felixw on Jun 29, 2009 3:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when ever i have create an Enterprise service in Enterprise service builder automatically they are found in service registry..

can you please check whether the SR and ESR are configured in CE 7.1...

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast answer.

I will check that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below link i think it will be helpful.

publishing services from ESR to Service Registry

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00985388-6748-2c10-0d83-f17c3e768a8b&overrid...

Regards,

Sudha S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link.

I understood how to publish the services but I got a new problem:

Whenever I try to publish them I received a long error messages which obviously indicates a 401 authentication error.

After some research time on sdn i found these two entries:

The strange think is: The error appears even if I set the authentication option to "none". If I set it to a user having the required roles I also receive this error BUT NO dialog box to prompt my user credentials. It seems that something is wrong with the ES Builder.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Authentication happens at many level. The "None" you set in Authentication is perhaps the run time authentication. By setting it to none you are implying that the application need not provide any user name and pwd while consuming the webservice. You can test it with any SOAP tool. Change that authentication to a user name and pwd and then try to consume using the SOAP tool

You can carry it out without even publishing the service to registry.

But the solution to your problem is also posted in the 2nd link. Your user id should have SERVICES_REGISTRY_READ_WRITE role. Once you have that role you can publish it in the registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After all configurations and publishing enterprise services in service registry, if we want to see in nwds we have set service registry option in nwds preferences>web services-->service registry.Try this it may works.

Answers (0)