cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where does the forwarding agent in a shipment VT01N get copied from? I have noticed we are missing some and i don't know why that is happening. Can some one tell me the determination.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirment, I dont think so it is possible in Standard SAP. Forwording agent is not copied from delivery or Sales order to Shipment doc. You have to enter it manually over there.

If you see this is a flexibility provided by SAP, generally in Domestic practice at the time of SO creation we consider some agent but at the time of actual shipment creation it will be some other . so I think this forwording agent have to entered at the time of shipment doc. One more thing is there is no copy control in Delivery doc to Shipment doc.

so as per my suggestion it has to be maintain manually.

if you have some more info please feel free to reach me.

Actually everything is depend upon your requirment.

Thanks & Regards.

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to enter the forwarding agent manually in the shipment, if you maintain it in the route. Once route is exist in the shipment, it will pull the FA in to the shipment. It's standard SAP functionality.

Thanks

Sri.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My question is very related to the question above.

I have set some routes with forwarding agents in 0VTC, and they are good as routes are defined as "dedicated".

But the requirement now is to set a carrier according to ship-to, for the same route (different routes). They could be two shipments with different ship-to's each, but the same route; those will be assigned to different fwd agents.

Ex:

Data

Route A

Ship-to Y

Shipt-to Z

Shipment 1

Shipment 2

FwdAgent M

Fwd Agent N

We want to have determined, when creating the shipment document, the forwarding agent according to the ship-to.

So, from the data above:

Shipment route with Ship to fwd agent that must be assigned

Shipment 1 RouteA Ship-to Y FwdAg M

Shipment 2 RouteA Shipt-to Z FwdAg N

I have tried customizing partner determination for shipment. But i think something is missing, where should I set the actual assignment:

Ship-to Y -

> FwdAg M

Ship-to Z -

> FwdAg N

Please your help!!!

Edited by: AleLop on May 5, 2011 10:03 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the forwarding agent in the rotue determination t.code 0VTC. Now maintain the same route in the order ( route will copy from order > delivery > shipment ). Once the route is copied in the shipment it will pull the forwarding agent automatically.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks

Sri.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the Sales roder is having the partner function as CR then it should als obe allowed in delivery if you want the forwardign agent to be in delivery

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

so it has to be on the delivery for it to be copied on to the shipment?

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so it has to be on the delivery for it to be copied on to the shipment?

Yes, else you can enter manually in shipment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Forwarding agent can be assigned from the Customer master if you have maintained in Customer master

only the sales order / delivery should have the same partner function type.

if you want to assign the Forwarding agent based on Ship to party then in Sales order header partner in CR you need to assign Source as Ship to party. then based on ship to party it will check for the forwarding agent and will assign the CR( forwarding agent partner ).

Please do maintain sequence 1 whihc is the partner is searched in the second after determination of the ship to party . and ship to party sequence will be balank so that it will be searched on first criteria

Thanks & regards

Virandra Sharda

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Virandra

but just to be clear what do u mean by sales order delivery function type be the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivandra, Hi.

I'm facing a little problem here, would you be so kind to help me? I've opened a thread and I hope you can take a look at it and reply back, since it looks you understand what I'm facing here.

The thread is http://scn.sap.com/thread/3236730

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope Forwarding agent can be copied from delivery , else we enter manually at the time of creating shipment document with VT01N.